This position ensures that the assigned technology/ies meet all agreed specifications. Closely partners with Global Customer Quality Assurance Engineers to understand these requirements.
Interacts with canners to manage customer complaints. Identifies local quality issues including trend analysis and ensures Global Customer Quality Engineers are aware. Analyzes quality control data to identify needed actions. Manages root cause analysis and partners with local manufacturing teams to ensure appropriate corrective actions are taken. They identify areas of continuous improvement and inform the responsible function and escalate when appropriate.
Responsible for site specific quality documentation. Participates in internal and customer audits to provide necessary quality information and ensure quality issues identified in the audits are addressed by the local site.
Responsible for documentation preparation of PPAP information for customer signoff. Ensures that manufacturing understands customer requirements pre-PPAP and confirms readiness for PPAP.
Understands existing quality testing requirements and aligns with global best practices. Ensures understanding of new methodologies and requirements by quality control resources.
The Local Quality Assurance Engineer will ensure that agreed customer requirements for their assigned technologies are met. In this role they will partner closely with the Global Customer Quality Engineer and manufacturing functions and process R&D. They will work to identify quality issues and bring these to a resolution suitable to globally aligned standards. Finally, they will strive to improve overall product quality and effectiveness of quality systems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following, other duties may be assigned
Leads and executes root cause analysis using 8D or similar principles to identify improvement opportunities and improve quality performance and customer satisfaction
Collects data and analyzes trends using statistical methods, audit results, and current performance against manufacturing standards to prepare reports for both internal and external customers. Monitors process performance with statistical methods to identify areas of improvement and ultimately driving for variance reduction
Participate in internal and external audits using industry standard audit techniques to ensure continued compliance to standards and customer requirements
Leads effort to resolve customer concerns and issues in a timely manner by leading investigations and ensures internal communication through Global Customer Quality Assurance Engineer
- Oversees all investigations relative to any customer/tier 1 concerns and drives the associated corrective/preventive actions
Evaluate suspect and nonconforming material to provide resolution and identify activities to disposition questioned material in alignment with requirements and business objectives
Stop manufacturing processes in cases of non-compliant products
Responsible for preparation of Production Part Approval Process (PPAP) package and documentation required by customers for all new launches and manufacturing changes
- Assurance of all quality data for PPAP and serial production via the analysis of all product and processes characteristics
- At the direction of Global Customer Quality Assurance Engineer support customer and tier 1 interaction on site specific topics
- Coordinates and guides the process improvements and Management of Change activities at the local site to ensure a smooth and acceptable transition for the affected customers and update appropriate documentation
- Acts as the local technology quality contact internally
- Ensure implementation at the site level of globally aligned best practices for quality control testing, product inspection, data reporting, and information sharing with the customer
- Ensures analytical and manufacturing techniques are consistent with global standards and fulfill agreed customer specifications/requirements
- Supports the Product Life Cycle Process for local program implementations to ensure all quality requirements are addressed
- Performs quality reviews of catalyst process-FMEA and control plans for compliance with stated customer requirements, specifications, and quality records
- Responsible for PPAP preparation, successful PPAP outcome and customer approval
- Escalates significant issues or developments identified during quality assurance activities and provides recommended process improvements and solutions to Global Customer Quality Assurance Engineers or Site Quality Manager
- Provides input to customer related reports (for example customer scorecard) including analysis and driving implementation of needed actions
- Responsible for investigating customer complaints at the site level and communicate outcome to Global Customer Quality Assurance Engineers