Supervisor, Global Financial Analysis-1604102
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world's leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment and are always working to form the best teamespecially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America's Best Employers in 2015. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Where the Chemistry Happens
We are seeking a Supervisor, Global Financial Analysis, who will serve as a key member of the Mobile Emissions Catalyst (G-CCE) global business controlling organization and is responsible for a number of key processes and analyses.
Supervisor, Global Financial Analysis (1604102)
Formula for Success: You Will
- Monitor the monthly reporting activities of the extended controlling organization and provide guidance to the team
- Supervise the publication of the monthly financial reporting packages
- Develop new reporting methodologies and perform maintenance on existing reports
- Perform economic evaluations of various investment and associated projects
- Facilitate capital expenditure governance, control, and financial reporting processes
- Support various activities related to the G-CCE global controlling organization's mission, including strategic planning, forecasting, budgeting, and reporting processes
- Facilitate governance initiatives, including coordination of efforts associated with the global contracts database
- Drive initiatives and lead teams associated with process improvement across scope of responsibilities
- Perform ad-hoc analyses in support of GBU and divisional management requirements
- Maintain the highest standards of integrity and professionalism while also implementing any required internal controls
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support youthe whole youin all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you'll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
Ingredients for Success: What We Look For in You
A BS degree in Finance, Accounting, or related discipline is required. A relevant technical degree (BS in Chemical Engineering or Chemistry) may be substituted, particularly if supported with subsequent academic qualification (MBA).
A minimum of four years of financial analysis experience is required, ideally in a global, process-driven manufacturing company.
Excellent analytical and problem solving skills are required, as is the capability to provide meaningful insights while executing at both the strategic and tactical levels.
Must be capable of working independently.
Familiarity with MS Office software, including particular expertise with Excel and PowerPoint, is essential. Significant experience using Excel pivot table, slicer, and associated functionality is advantageous. Familiarity with SAP is advantageous.
An MBA degree is preferred. Consideration will be provided to candidates currently enrolled in part-time program.
Experience developing and managing a monthly financial reporting package is preferable.
Experience performing complex economic evaluations of significant business investments is preferable.
BASF recognizes Institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent.
Primary Location: US-NJ-Iselin
Function: CONT - Controlling
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Organization: G-CCE-Mobile Emissions Catalysts