At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world's leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment and are always working to form the best teamespecially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
We are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America's Best Employers in 2016. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Where the Chemistry Happens
Sales at BASF revolves around the customer experience and driving profitable growth. The foundation for this is a strong team that brings specific application, industry and market knowledge in order to understand the diverse markets where we play and build trusting and satisfying customer relationships.
Innovation Specialist (1604075) Iowa (Remote Position)
As an Innovation Specialist you will be responsible for developing and maintaining business relationships with growers identified as strategic to BASF in defined areas across the US. You will effectively communicate the value of our new innovations through direct contact with assigned growers, while focusing on the benefits of using our crop protection products and services. You will also assist local sales and technical service teams in the development of business strategies and tactics that help growers get the most from every acre.
Formula for Success: You Will
- Meet or exceed yearly sales goals.
- Conduct agronomic focused calls on targeted growers, resulting in sales of company products.
- Develop an area plan that includes overall business objectives, strategies for growth, and identifies top customers; Create an action plan to achieve overall growth.
- Develop account plans that include business strategies and tactics to meet the grower's needs of and increase BASF market share.
- Accurately forecast brands by grower.
- Create and implement strategies to launch new products as per launch goals.
- Establish working relationships with local sales teams, technical service representatives and strategic account managers to support local initiatives.
- Participate in key grower trade shows, conferences, demo plot tours, etc.
This position is part of a job family. The successful candidate will be hired at a level that matches their knowledge, skills, abilities and experience.
Where you'll work
You'll be living within, and managing a territory in one of three areas: NW Iowa, SW Iowa, or East Central Iowa. Our opportunities can take you all over the world...
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support youthe whole youin all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you'll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.