At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world's leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment and are always working to form the best teamespecially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America's Best Employers in 2016. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Where the Chemistry Happens
We are seeking a Packaging Area Leader to join our team in Gordon, GA, and to be responsible for all packaging and shipping operations of the McIntyre plant(s). Packaging consists of paper bags and big bags. Shipping consists of loading paper bags and big bags into containers as well as loading bulk material (dry and wet) into trucks and railcars.
Packaging Area Leader (1700276)
You will manage and operate the facilities safely and efficiently, encourages employee ownership, demonstrates and promotes effective decision making, maintains high personal standards, and establishes/maintains high crew performance standards.
Formula for Success: You Will
- Ensure all activities are performed in accordance with all BASF and Mine Safety and Health Administration (MSHA) safety policies.
- Ensure that equipment is operated in compliance with all environmental regulations/permits.
- Develop and maintain high housekeeping and performance standards for area(s) of responsibility.
- Ensure productivity is at budgeted levels and proactively pursue improvements.
- Ensure quality and on-time shipment goals are met.
- Evaluate equipment capabilities, identify process bottlenecks and develop plans to resolve constraints.
- Provide leadership/guidance to crews to maximize performance in support of business goals
Leadership Core Responsibilities:
- Coach and develop team members to reach their full potential
- Support development assignments and movement of talent across units
- Motivate and challenge to drive high performance
- Commit to "hiring the best" internally and externally
- Create an inclusive environment which embraces and derives value from diversity
- Execute performance and career development discussions
- Role model and enable development of competencies in others needed to implement BASF's strategy
- Establish and support a safety culture in which all accidents are preventable
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support youthe whole youin all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you'll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.