At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world's leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment and are always working to form the best teamespecially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America's Best Employers in 2015. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Where the Chemistry Happens
We are seeking a Process Controls Engineer to join out Colors & Effects team. BASF Colors & Effects USA LLC, is a 100% wholly owned subsidiary of BASF Corporation and produces a broad portfolio of colorants and effect pigments in 13 sites globally. Based on their chemical expertise in the coatings, plastics, printing, cosmetics and agriculture markets, BASF's experts offer consultative solutions. Fueled by entrepreneurial spirit, they enable innovation and growth. For our customers and our company: We live colors. We boost effects.
For more information about Colors & Effects, visit www.colors-effects.basf.com.
This global business unit will fully concentrate on the pigments business and thus be even more focused on supporting the needs of our pigments customers. Creating an organization fully dedicated to pigments will allows BASF to adapt better to the challenges in the pigments industry. Our customers will benefit from tailored services and higher responsiveness. The BASF pigments business serves a variety of industries including paints & coatings, printing & packaging and plastics. The portfolio comprises of color pigments such as phthalocyanines, high performance pigments, azo pigments, effect pigments, inorganic pigments, dyes and pigment.
We are building the best team in the industry to support the need of our customers in our chosen markets.
Process Controls Engineer (1700166)
Formula for Success: You Will
- Provide guidance and direction to automation technicians and prioritize process controls resources to meet site's day-to-day requirements and capital project needs.
- Support high level of asset effectiveness by providing day-to-day technical support on various DCS and PLC control systems, including troubleshooting and helping operations in collaboration with Production and Process Engineers.
- Support process optimization efforts by making programming improvements initiated by cross-functional teams.
- Review, monitor, develop, modify and maintain DCS, PLC, and PI systems to maximize contribution to profitability.
- Develop a strategy to address system obsolescence and incorporate a long-term lifecycle plan to keep control systems current across the site.
- Ensure skill development of process controls resources through coaching, mentoring and appropriate training.
- Participate in the 24-hour on-call technical support rotation for troubleshooting process and control system problems.
- Provide support to ensure all ISO, PSM and other regulatory, external and internal, requirements are met. This includes, but is not limited to participating in PHAs, incident investigation, and driving/coordinating closure of action items.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support youthe whole youin all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success.
Working for a large, global organization, you'll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
Leadership Core Responsibilities:
Coach and develop team members to reach their full potential
Support development assignments and movement of talent across units
Motivate and challenge to drive high performance
Commit to "hiring the best" internally and externally
Create an inclusive environment which embraces and derives value from diversity
Execute performance and career development discussions
Role model and enable development of competencies in others needed to implement BASF's strategy
Establish and support a safety culture in which all accidents are preventable