We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
This position will ensure the efficient and safe execution of equipment preparation, isolation, and return to operation during maintenance and project work.
- Daily, coordinate schedule breakers for production and logistics with maintenance. Offer feedback to operations (production and logistics) on the necessary level of detail, troubleshooting already completed and priority information required in notifications.
- Review the maintenance weekly schedule and offer feedback to the maintenance scheduler to prioritize maintenance work and decide on the timing for operations using the production schedule.
- Oversee the preparation of equipment completed the night before or day before and ensure that operation's is ready for the maintenance work. Responsible to notify maintenance if a planned job will not be ready as planned and coordinate a reschedule with the scheduler.
- Responsible for assigning operations resources for permits coordination for shutdowns and responsible for scoping out the required preparation needed for the shutdown activities. Participate in the preparation, isolation, lock out, and permitting processes as needed for shutdowns.
- Responsible to coordinate with project engineers the necessary preparation work and timing needed for construction work. Responsible for ensuring that the project work is scoped out properly by the project engineer and that the timing needed is discussed ahead of time.
- Other responsibilities will include:
- Troubleshooting process problems and offering solutions.
- Maintaining and updating Lock Out Tag Out instructions and isolation instructions for process equipment.
- Managing the collection, inspection, disposal, and shipment of non-hazardous and hazardous waste as well as Methanol co-product.
- Oversight of the storage and inventory of PPE and additional safety equipment. Performing label container inspections.
- Performing new hire site orientation, forklift training, organizing HAZWOPER training and other training as assigned.
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
High School education or equivalent
Prefer an associate's degree from a recognized technical/community college
Willingness and ability to work outside in various weather conditions and perform the physical requirements of the job such as; wearing a full face respirator, wearing a fully encapsulated level A protection suit, bending, stooping, lifting up to 50lbs. routinely and 60lbs on occasion, climbing ladders, and working at various heights is required
A minimum of 2 years in a batch chemical environment is preferred.
The individual will be very safety conscious when working with and around chemicals, show initiative, have excellent attention to detail, be results oriented and customer focused, possess good communication skills, and possess the ability to work in a team environment.
The individual must also be able to prioritize tasks and be self-motivated.
Primary Location: US-SC-Mauldin
Function: PROD - Production, Maintenance & Technicians
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Organization: N-EMN-Care Chemicals NA