Senior Environmental & H/S Specialist, Peekskill, NY-1603820
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This position is within BASF Colors & Effects USA LLC, a 100% wholly owned subsidiary of BASF Corporation. BASF Colors & Effects produces a broad portfolio of colorants and effect pigments in 13 sites globally. Based on their chemical expertise in the coatings, plastics, printing, cosmetics and agriculture markets, BASF's experts offer consultative solutions. Fueled by entrepreneurial spirit, they enable innovation and growth. For our customers and our company: We live colors. We boost effects. For more information about Colors & Effects, visit www.colors-effects.basf.com
- Do you value the health, safety and security of employees, suppliers, customers, neighbors and the protection of the environment?
- Are you an ambitious team player looking to join a growing team and help fulfill our commitment to superior EHS performance?
- Have you worked in a manufacturing environment in an EHS role?
- Are you able to work independently with minimal supervision?
If this sounds like you, then we want to get to know you...
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world's leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment and are always working to form the best teamespecially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America's Best Employers in 2015. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Where the Chemistry Happens
We are looking for a strong Environmental, Health & Safety (EHS) Professional to drive, coordinate, and support EHS programs, management systems, and related sustainability efforts.
Senior Environmental, Health & Safety Specialist (1603820) Peekskill, NYe
Formula for Success: You Will
- Provide leadership and support to ensure EHS compliance, minimize liabilities, and improve overall EHS culture.
- Drive compliance with federal, state, and county regulations.
- Support the interface with regulatory agencies and third parties, as needed, on compliance and enforcement issues. Identify, track, report and drive improvement on EHS key performance indicators.
- Guide and support implementation of our Responsible Care Management System.
- Facilitate the sharing of programs, procedures, tools, and successfully demonstrated practices within the Hub and across North America.
- Lead and/or participate on EHS and/or cross-functional work teams on development and improvement of company-wide processes and systems.
- Assist in the development of effective working relationships with site management and employees, EHS Community, other internal stakeholders, and EHS regulatory agencies.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support youthe whole youin all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you'll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
Ingredients for Success: What We Look For in You
- Bachelor of Science degree in Environmental Engineering, Environmental Science or another similar technical discipline and 7 or more years of professional experience.
- At least 5 years of well-rounded EHS experience in a chemical manufacturing or related environment.
- Well-rounded EHS expertise and leadership skills, be capable of driving EHS culture improvements within BASF
- In-depth knowledge of EPA environmental regulations and OSHA health & safety regulations.
- Strong communications, networking, influencing / negotiation skills.
- Strong computer skills (MS-Word, MS-PowerPoint, and MS Excel)
- Knowledge of N.Y. and Westchester County regulations and permitting processes desirable.
Does this sound like the right job for you? Yes? Then we would like to hear from you
so please click apply to get the process started.
Primary Location: US-NY-Peekskill
Function: OCSE - Occupational Safety & Environmental
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job