At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world's leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment and are always working to form the best teamespecially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
We are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America's Best Employers in 2015. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Where the Chemistry Happens
Sales at BASF revolves around the customer experience and driving profitable growth. The foundation for this is a strong team that brings specific application, industry and market knowledge in order to understand the diverse markets where we play and build trusting and satisfying customer relationships.
Area Sales Leader (1603081) - Mid Atlantic (Maryland, DC, Virginia)
Reporting to the Area Sales Manager, the Area Sales Leader will manage and develop the sales personal within your assigned area. You will provide support in both the development and training of local Senior Sales Representatives, Sales Representatives and Dispenser Service Technicians. You will provide support on technical issues and assist in product and sales training. You will maintain local customer relationships by improving business at existing accounts with key management. This position implements and complies with Company initiatives, policies, and procedures.
Formula for Success: You Will
- Assist the Area Manager in the assigned area with area revenue and profitability improvement plans by identifying unsold and undersold targets, upsell opportunities, new product opportunities and profit improvement accounts; identifying segment potential and developing market share targets; developing resource deployment plan; assisting with customer satisfaction; and contributing to area Profit & Loss.
- Coach and mentor direct reports in assigned area for performance improvement and professional development and training.
- Assist sales personnel in the upsell of target accounts in the area by providing account-centric product solutions, driving new technology and expanding relationships as well as maintaining existing relationships.
- Coordinate new product introductions within Area, working closely with Area Manager.
- Provide support to sales personnel on technical issues.
- Maintain leadership in local industry organizations.
- Inform appropriate organizational function of competitor and market intelligence.
Assure standards of safety, environmental, team and individual are met in a high performance team-based organization.
Address and raise the EHS standards at BASF.
- Ensure safety roles and responsibilities across the organization are clearly-defined and include an expectation to raise, and authority to respond to process safety concerns. Senior leaders are held accountable for process safety performance.
Leadership Core Responsibilities
- Coach and develop team members to reach their full potential
- Support development assignments and movement of talent across units
- Motivate and challenge to drive high performance
- Commit to "hiring the best" internally and externally
- Create an inclusive environment which embraces and derives value from diversity
- Execute performance and career development discussions
- Role model and enable development of competencies in others needed to implement BASF's strategy
- Establish and support a safety culture in which all accidents are preventable
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF
is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support youthe whole youin all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF
, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you'll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.