Regional Sales Manager - Construction Systems - Midwest US-1700592
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world's leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment and are always working to form the best teamespecially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America's Best Employers in 2016. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Where the Chemistry Happens
We are seeking a Regional Sales Manager, Construction Systems to develop sales, lead CM1 and the implementation of business plans through the selection and development of a field sales team for a large geographic area within North America.
Regional Sales Manager, Construction Systems (1700592)
You will be responsible for sales in excess of $17 million. There will be very frequent customer contact at all levels, but particularly vital at the owner and executive levels within customer organizations. You will be a Member of the Sales Management Leadership Team and be responsible for developing long term strategy, approving resources and managing priority KPIs for the business. This is a key leadership position within the business requiring strong personal leadership, teamwork, collaboration and relationship development skills and characteristics.
This position will be located in the Midwest US, and you will work from a remote home-based office. The position may require travel to other regions of North America. You should be located near a major airport.
Formula for Success: You Will
- As a member of the BASF CS Sales Management Leadership Team work in a cooperative manner with a cross functional team of colleagues to ensure the immediate and long term success of the business. This involves both strategic and tactical planning, team work and high effectiveness in execution and implementation. Excellent business judgment, creativity, ethics, candor and organizational leadership skills are paramount.
- Review and coach the performance of their team as it relates to meeting KPI's, development of Regional Sales Operating Plans, career development and key identified employee competencies.
- Coach team through the development of Territory Operating Plans and individual employee development plans for Territory Sales Manager's (TSM) and Market Segment Specialists (MSS).
- Deliver on all sales, contribution and EBIT KPI's.
- Lead development, enhancement and continuous improvement of the BCS Sales Force Effectiveness Model.
- Maintain control of the budgeted expenses. Investigate complaints against the corporation as appropriate to terms of reference: products, personnel, service. Implement guidelines or administer company policy that establishes disciplines to avoid legal issues. Further, provide negotiation guidance and expertise to bring matters to effective, appropriate and compliant resolution.
- Maintain regular contact with customers and form strong relationships with customers that reinforce their importance to our business while establishing mutual respect between the customer and BCS.
- Provide the National Sales Director and Leadership Team with a continuous overview of market trends, competitive challenges, economic indicators and key successes that will affect the performance of the area and the company and contribute to strategy development.
- Ensure that consistent, highly engaged and accurate forecasts are developed from the TSM through the RSM to the Supply Chain team. Accountable for quality forecasting from the sales team.
- Provide National Sales Director with consistent communication on key issues impacting business results, key customer relationships and on any employee, legal, health, safety, environmental or compliance related issue.
- Interface with all departments within BASF Construction Chemicals to ensure systems are in place to insure quality service, product availability, service for the company's customers. Coach team on departmental interface issues to resolve issues and complaints in these areas.
- Interface with required functions within the BASF organization to resolve personnel issues in a compliant manner.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support youthe whole youin all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you'll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
Ingredients for Success: What We Look for in You
- Minimum 5 years' relevant experience in a territory sales and regional or district sales management roles.
- Experience in marketing, technical or operations functions is a strong plus. Demonstrated excellence in leadership and management of people (minimum staff of 5 preferred).
- Demonstrated excellence in a high performance cross functional team environment. Construction experience preferred, but not required.
- Minimum Bachelor's degree required; MBA or other advanced degree is a plus. Continuing education in Sales Force and Sales Management effectiveness preferred.
- Understanding of the selling process, how the construction industry works and how products are effectively positioned and sold into target markets preferred.
- Excellent professional selling, coaching and negotiation skills.
Primary Location: United States
Other Locations: US-OH-Cleveland, US-MO-St. Louis, US-PA-Pittsburgh, US-OH-Cincinnati, US-MI-Detroit, US-KS-Kansas City
Function: SALE - Sales
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Organization: N-EBN-Construction Chemicals North America