At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world's leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment and are always working to form the best teamespecially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America's Best Employers in 2015. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Where the Chemistry Happens
We are seeking two Market Segment Managers to join our Transportation, Industrial, Furniture and Floor Coatings team, based in Southfield, MI, and who will support the overall success of the Dispersions & Resins business in North America.
TIF (Transportation, Industrial, Furniture and Floor coatings) business within Dispersions, Resins and Additives regional business unit (N-EDN) is responsible for supplying raw materials to coatings formulators and producers in target industry segments through collaboration with global key accounts, regional customers and distribution partners.
The Dispersions & Resins business of BASF develops, produces and markets a range of high-quality resins, additives, colorants and polymer dispersions worldwide. These raw materials are used in formulations for coatings and paints, printing and packaging products, construction chemicals, adhesives, fiberbondings, nonwovens, and paper manufacturing. We are building the best team to support the growth and needs of our customers. With a comprehensive product portfolio and extensive knowledge of the industries we serve, our customers benefit from innovative and sustainable solutions to help them advance their formulations through chemistry. For further information about the Dispersions & Resins business and our market segments in North America, please visit http://www.basf.us/dpsolutions.
Market Segment Manager (1700516)
You will be responsible for focused marketing and business development across all Resins, Additives and Dispersions product lines towards Industrial coatings or ACE, Marine and Protective coatings segment.
Formula for Success: You Will
- Identify industry specific trends, requirements, unmet customer needs, and key growth areas and opportunity fields.
- Identify new business opportunities in defined market (Business Development).
- Manage industry specific profitability and growth targets
- Develop and ensure implementation of industry specific strategy and product positioning strategy for assigned industry segment including strategy for positioning against competitive products (including value proposition)
- Identify innovation opportunities for assigned industry segments and input into innovation pipeline
- Initiate and manage Innovation / Phase Gate projects (Project Lead / Mgmt role).
- Coordinate new product launches for assigned industry segments (incl. launch packages)
- Implement industry/customer specific CIM/BRM management.
- Establish value chain marketing including built-up of contacts at customer`s and customer`s customer marketing
- Develop industry specific target pricing in conjunction with product management
- Collect and validates market & competitive intelligence
- Develop and implement best practices to enhance organization's marketing excellence Develops marketing approach for the industrial segment including sales tools and promotional material
- Organize and participate in industry specific trade shows / fairs and ensures representation in key industry associations
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support youthe whole youin all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you'll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.