Stores Planner; McIntrye, GA-1700214
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world's leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment and are always working to form the best teamespecially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America's Best Employers in 2016. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Where the Chemistry Happens
We have an opportunity for a Stores Planner in McIntyre, GA.
Stores Planner (1700214)
You will schedule Stores personnel (hourly and non-exempt) to improve maintenance customer service, and prevent production downtime within budget boundaries. You will coordinate day-to-day transactions; maintain 97 percent technical parts availability. You will work closely with the maintenance and production departments, planners, foremen, and supervisors.
Formula for Success: You will
- Own and maintain all the storerooms management processes.
- Establish warehouse design layouts to include bins, part numbers, quick issue, and data entry for any BASF Corporation Storeroom when necessary.
- Train Central Middle Georgia Stores personnel in the following areas: Inventory Reconciliation, Maximum and Minimum Reviews, Data Entry (Issues and Receipts), Housekeeping, Obsolescence, Stock Availability, and Reporting.
- Participate in Supply Chain initiative through inventory reduction; be a leader in cross-divisional inventory reduction team.
- Develop relationships with maintenance and production personnel to maximize technical spares for proper planning in an effort to maintain appropriate stock levels.
- Maintain manual or computerized procurement records, such as items or services purchased, costs, delivery, product quality, or performance and inventories.
- Review and processes daily Stock Replenishment Orders; evaluates the maximum level and re-order point to determine stock effectiveness.
- Strive for optimum inventory levels at all sites. Continuous inventory reductions through consignment and vendor owned inventories.
- Analyze, identify, and communicate information regarding open purchase orders utilizing out-of-network vendors; identifies, researches, and resolves problems relating to purchasing issues.
- Create requisitions as needed; communicates purchase order numbers to vendors when received and obtains estimated delivery date.
- Reconcile end-of-month open invoices; contact vendors for invoices still open due to short pay or unpaid material. Send invoices to Accounts Payable for processing.
- Receive open action requests from Accounting or Accounts Payable to evaluate stock or nonstock; contact vendors for discrepancies.
- Perform monthly consignment reconciliation; contact vendors for open invoices due to short pay or unpaid material and send invoices to Accounts Payable for processing.
- Act as the alternate Receive Clerk; process all materials entering the plant site into SAP after ensuring that all purchase order and quality requirements are met.
- Monitor and replenish gas inventory.
- Identify and analyze obsolete and overstocked technical spares, coordinate with the Maintenance Reliability Manager, Warehouse Manager, maintenance, production, and accounting. Once approved, coordinate with the Stores Coordinator for inventory and then arrange removal from plant site.
- Ensure all stocked materials are identified, numbered, issued, received and are
- Conduct routine inventories and cycle counts to ensure that inventory levels in SAP and items on the shelf mirror one another. Performs research to identify discrepancies.
- Identify opportunities to cut costs without compromising the needs of the plants.
- Provide relief for the Stores Clerks when necessary.
- Complete special projects assigned by the Warehouse Manager.
- Identify and resolve problems in a timely manner.
- Respond promptly to customer needs and meet commitments
- Complete administrative tasks accurately and on time.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support youthe whole youin all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you'll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
Ingredients for Success: What We Look for in You...
- Associate Degree and 5-years' experience in industrial manufacturing plant with at least 2 years in an industrial maintenance role or capital projects.
- 1-year experience in warehouse management or planning.
- Working Knowledge of SAP or equivalent software. Working Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (especially Excel, Word, and Outlook).
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Kitting parts for maintenance, including transportation as required.
- Knowledge of storeroom policies and practices.
- Customer focused and professional attitude toward all internal and external customers, colleagues and service groups.
- Ability to deal professionally in all situations (vendor, customer, team, departments, and company).
- Skilled in planning, organizing, and managing multiple projects.
- Ability to analyze, conceptualize, interpret, and manipulate data.
- Excellent verbal and written communication (ability to interpret, identify, and restate customer needs, present solutions, and provide information).
Primary Location: US-GA-Mcintyre
Function: PROD - Production, Maintenance & Technicians
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Organization: N-EVP-Performance Chemicals