We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world's leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation. We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment and are always working to form the best teamespecially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development. We are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America's Best Employers in 2015. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Where the Chemistry Happens
We have an opportunity for a Project Engineer to join our Dispersions and Resins business in North America and who will be in West Memphis, Arkansas.
The Dispersions & Resins business of BASF develops, produces and markets a range of high-quality resins, additives, colorants and polymer dispersions worldwide. These raw materials are used in formulations for coatings and paints, printing and packaging products, construction chemicals, adhesives, fiberbondings, nonwovens, and paper manufacturing. We are building the best team to support the growth and needs of our customers. With a comprehensive product portfolio and extensive knowledge of the industries we serve, our customers benefit from innovative and sustainable solutions to help them advance their formulations through chemistry.
Project Engineer, Dispersions and Resins (1700583)
Formula for Success: You Will
- Work together with other business colleagues and service groups such as Procurement, Engineering, R&D, and EHS to develop projects including conceptual and detail scopes, safety reviews, value engineering processes, design packages, cost estimates, schedules, execution plans, and technical packages
- Manage project KPIs schedule, cost, functionality (scope), and safety
- Present projects to various stake holders for project alignment and approvals
- Lead project team including BASF discipline engineers, procurement personnel, contract engineers, construction contractors, Operations and Maintenance personnel, and others to work effectively to maintain schedule while stressing importance of safe work and a zero-incident mindset
- Work closely with Operations and Maintenance personnel to commission and start up projects
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support youthe whole youin all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you'll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
Ingredients for Success: What We Look for in You
- B.S. Degree in Engineering + 10 years engineering experience with Project Management focus in manufacturing
- Project Management experience including FEL (Front End Loading) development, execution, forecast, schedule development, cost estimating, project controls, and commissioning
- Demonstrated leadership
- Understanding of technical codes (ASME, API, etc.), OSHA, EPA, PSM, and RMP standards
- Familiarity with common chemical manufacturing plant unit operations and equipment
- Strong project management and organizational skills to independently coordinate identification of project objectives, project design, and installation activities
- Ability and willingness to travel about 20%
Primary Location: US-AR-West Memphis
Function: ENGI - Engineering & Technical Service
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Organization: N-EDN-Dispersions North America