Logistics Operations Coordinator-1603825
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world's leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment and are always working to form the best teamespecially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America's Best Employers in 2016. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Where the Chemistry Happens
We are seeking a Logistics Operations Coordinator to join our team. Reporting to the Supply Chain Manager, the Coordinator will provide direction to business specific supply chain processes for G-EM/HN operations at the Freeport, TX Superabsorbent Polymers plant. The Logistics Operations Coordinator is focused on business strategic logistics initiatives.
Logistics Operations Coordinator (1603825)
You will work closely with Operations, Product Management, Customer Care, Suppliers, 3rd Party Logistics Providers, and other stakeholders to ensure that customer requirements are met with the highest efficiency and productivity. You will be responsible for achieving goals for KPIs in areas including Operational cost and efficiencies, Inventory accuracy, On-time delivery, NCM resolution and reduction.
Formula for Success: You Will
Analyze and optimize SAP Plant logistics operations for ongoing cost, productivity, and efficiency improvement
Directly support the supply chain manager and business team in evaluating & analyzing potential improvement initiatives (assigned or self-developed for packaging, transportation, distribution, multi-modal, etc.)
- Drive off-spec and aged inventory disposition, using 3PL & BASF resources
- Identify needed capital & expense improvements (base scope and justification)
- Coordinate maintenance and capital activities for SAP logistics operations
- Drive implementation of SAP Plant Logistics Initiatives (Cost Reduction, "Lean", 5S, DILO, Visual Boards, etc.)
- Drive sustainable productivity, cost, safety improvements with 3PL operations
- Provide direct support to month end closing for the Plant logistics
- Drive safety and quality in logistics operations and processes
- Serve as area expert concerning Logistics SAP / WMS issues
- Provide Vendor Management for logistics supplies and services
- Serve as NCM Investigator for internal & customer logistics issues (Root Cause, CAPA, Verify Eff.)
- Act as back-up for the Supply Chain Planner for Raw Material planning and ME Closing
- Ensure inventory accuracy and performing reconciliations
- Support global SAP Plant Projects with SAP logistics expertise
- Provide direct support to Customer Audits
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support youthe whole youin all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you'll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
Ingredients for Success: What We Look for in You
BS Degree in Logistics / Supply Chain / Business and 3 or more years of Logistics or Supply Chain experience; or a High School diploma and a minimum of 8 years in a Logistics or Supply Chain role.
Thorough knowledge of physical logistics, packaging, transportation and warehouse management
- Excellent people skills and team builder
- Strong customer focus
- Strong working knowledge of SAP R/3 or a similar ERP, including: MRP, TMS, and HUM/WMS
- Strong working knowledge of the MS Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Word)
- APICS certification or in process is desireable
Primary Location: US-TX-Freeport
Function: LOSC - Logistics, Supply Chain & Customer Service
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Organization: N-EMN-Care Chemicals NA