We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world's leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation. We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment and are always working to form the best teamespecially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development. And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America's Best Employers in 2016. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Where the Chemistry Happens
The BASF Attapulgus, Georgia site manufactures catalyst for the global refining industry.
You will provide electrical support to BASF Attapulgus Operations with a Safety First mindset. This role will be responsible for installing, maintaining, troubleshooting and repair of electrical equipment in an industrial plant, including power distribution, motor controls, PLC's, wiring and process controls, involving work of a varied nature with minimum supervision.
Formula for Success: You Will
- Recognizes and practices safe work habits in all facets of daily duties.
- Conforms to good work habits at all times.
- Must be physically able to do normal lifting of heavy motors, circuit breakers, electrical cable and other equipment utilized in the electrical industry.
- Possess ability to read and interpret charts, tables, drawings, symbols and equipment manuals used in industry.
- Possess ability to use a multi-meter, clamp-on ammeter and meg-ohmmeter in motor and control troubleshooting.
- Possess skills and ability to properly wire 3-phase, 240/460 volt nine-lead motors and respective starters.
- Have a working knowledge of relay logic and be able to wire I/O PLC systems per provided drawings.
- Able to relate to routine operations in a manner that is consistent with existing solutions to problems; to conform to established policies and procedures.
- Able to make decisions on available information and take action; make commitments and not change decisions when challenged.
- Able to maintain a mature problem solving attitude while dealing with inter personal conflict, hazardous conditions, hostility or time demands.
- Able to take action in solving problems while exhibiting judgment and a systematic approach to decision making; to identify the important dimensions of a problem, determine potential causes, obtain relevant information and specify alternate solutions.
- Requires lifting up to 50 lbs., carrying up to 25 lbs.
- Requires sitting, standing (in place), walking, and using arm/leg control
Requires bending, kneeling, squatting, and crawling
- Requires wrist turning and finger manipulation
- Requires ability to climb vertical, fixed ladders with ladder cages (up to 178 ft. structure)
- Requires ability to climb portable step and extension ladders
- Requires the ability to push and pull up to 25 lbs.
- Requires ability to twist, turn, and reach above shoulder level
- Requires simple to firm grasping ability
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
Ingredients for Success: What We Look for in You
Primary Location: US-GA-Attapulgus
Function: PROD - Production, Maintenance & Technicians
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job