At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world's leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment and are always working to form the best teamespecially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America's Best Employers in 2016. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Where the Chemistry Happens
The Chemical Monomers Group has an opportunity for a Technology Engineer in the MDI department located at the BASF Geismar, LA location.
The Chemical Monomers group offers a comprehensive portfolio of organic and inorganic basis materials and innovative specialties. With our monomers and basic polymers, we create durable links - for the success of our customers worldwide.
Technology Engineer, MDI (1700671) Geismar, LA
You will develop in-depth technical knowledge for areas of responsibility and will work co-located with Operations team. You will manage capital projects, reliability improvements, and management of PSM activities, especially around MOC, safety reviews, and process safety information. You will assist the Daily Operations Team (DOT) in technical troubleshooting, and participate in weekend on-call rotation.
You will participate in the coordination of production, maintenance, technology improvements, health and safety, ecology, quality assurance, and work closely with DOT members in a high performance Team Environment. You will work internationally in support of global Chemical Intermediates business, as required.
Formula for Success: You Will
- Serve as a manufacturing representative on capital projects and execute commissioning and startup of capital projects
- Develop in-depth technical knowledge of one or more operating units to assist with troubleshooting activities and turnaround planning
- Determine process modifications for de-bottlenecking of equipment and troubleshooting of processes to improve performance, reliability, impact operational costs, and address business needs
- Lead PHA process and own and manage critical process safety information for units of expertise
- Ensure plant changes or modification are captured and documented as a part of PSM Management of Change
- Drive continuous improvement
- Provide technical support for risk assessments on Management of Change to ensure changes do not jeopardize plant safety
- Work with Operations Team in the development of plant trials, experiments, and data collection
- Assist in the coordination, planning, and execution of shutdown work including maintenance and capital activities
- Utilize automation tools and techniques to accomplish goals and improve Operations efficiency
- Participate in a weekend on-call rotation
- Serve on multi-cluster unit teams to solve site-wide problems and implement solutions
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support youthe whole youin all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you'll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.