At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world's leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment and are always working to form the best teamespecially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America's Best Employers in 2016. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Where the Chemistry Happens
We are seeking an Engineering and Maintenance Manager to provide leadership, direction, and focus for the maintenance, facilities, and project engineering groups at the site.
Engineering and Maintenance Manager (1700667)
You will drive continuous improvement working to achieve the best in class capital project development, execution, maintenance reliability, and organizational performance. You will act as the primary interface leading collaboration with regional and global business colleagues in Technology, Supply Chain, EHS, Quality, Engineering, Maintenance, R&D, HR and Controlling. You are a key member of the Site Leadership Team.
Formula for Success: You Will
Make engineering and maintenance management related decisions in the current overall economic context of the business unit.
Represent engineering and maintenance for the ECN business on internal committees, technical conferences and external technical conferences.
Interact daily with the site leadership team to support the site's engineering and maintenance needs. Interface with business unit TES managers and global excellence teams to share best practices in maintenance and capital execution.
Work with other corporate functions, such as asset management and safety to meet business requirements.
Maintain contacts with counterparts in other companies within the BASF Group as well as those in other companies via industry organizations. Frequent contact with Executives and Group VPs.
- Plan and manage capital budget for site of $2-10M/yr.
- Plan and manage maintenance budget for site of $4-5M/yr.
- Regularly collaborate with site leadership team and ECN leadership team.
- Ensure proper documentation of files, records, databases, and drawings to meet regulatory and BASF requirements, and maintains current requirements as to equipment/materials specifications and vendor preferences.
- Seek compliance with all environmental, safety, and health requirements, and promotes a safe working environment.
- Participate and contribute on teams or via ad hoc assignments with EC business to review, update, and develop procedures, guidelines, standards, and practices.
- Demonstrate commitment to the concept that process safety accidents are not an acceptable part of business. Accept personal responsibility to act according to process safety regulations and company directives. Utilize Management of Change to assure timely communication and training of process related changes to affected personnel.
- Participate in process safety related compliance audits. Support Process Safety programs through participation in compliance audits, Capital Project Reviews, Regulatory PHAs (Revalidations, Clean-Sheets); and other hazard / risk assessment activities as needed.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support youthe whole youin all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you'll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
Leadership Core Responsibilities:
Coach and develop team members to reach their full potential
Support development assignments and movement of talent across units
Motivate and challenge to drive high performance
Commit to "hiring the best" internally and externally
Create an inclusive environment which embraces and derives value from diversity
Execute performance and career development discussions
Role model and enable development of competencies in others needed to implement BASF's strategy
Establish and support a safety culture in which all accidents are preventable