The Regional Industry Manager is the internal CPG industry expert for North America. This role is responsible for working with the Global Industry Director and regional leadership to develop the North America CPG strategic plan. This position helps build CPG plans with the NA regional teams and helps where needed to execute. This role will implement methods and processes, which lead both direct and indirect resources to achieve success for Rockwell Automation in the CPG Industry.
Success in this role will involve successfully engaging regional resources in the pursuit of business, which is achieved through geographic execution.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work collaboratively with Strategic Account Managers and other resources within Rockwell to implement initiative key strategic growth priorities for Rockwell within their accounts. Communicate and leverage best practices across the Strategic Account community.
- Drive collaboration across the ecosystem including OEMs, EPCs, system integrators, and channel partners to drive success and revenue growth.
- Collaborate across internal Rockwell business units and functions to drive project success across appropriate Rockwell Automation businesses.
- Work collaboratively with geographic sales. Develop a cadence of regular scheduled communication, opportunity/account planning and joint sales development impacting company strategy measured by achieving plan.
- Establish appropriate regional methods of managing the sales funnel for the industry inclusive of opportunity log, proposal records, and forecast through use of regional tools. Utilize funnel methods to drive resource alignment and direction in pursuit of business.
- Lead indirect resources to impact and achieve Rockwell Automation revenue and bookings goals in the region.
- Review regional resources and work with regional directors/vice-presidents to align resources for success for Rockwell.
- Through a collaborative approach with both CPG peers as well as RA Geographic Sales Management, lead and assist global communication and pursuit of project activity.
- Develop executive relationships with strategic customers and partners, internally and externally.
- Leverage channel partners and include where appropriate in opportunity planning and pursuit.
- Works with global marketing to understand best opportunities for Rockwell and works with country/district management to align resources for success (Capex reports, project leads, tradeshow leads etc).
- Stays abreast of industry activities networked through seminars, conferences, memberships in industry societies etc. Conveys trends through informal and formal sessions.
- Ensures thorough familiarity with policies and procedures relating to standards of business conduct and trains and motivates subordinates in the importance of full compliance with the letter and spirit of such policies and procedures.
Regional travel of 50% or more
8+ years of sales, marketing or operations experience and 5+ years in the consumer packaged goods industry of multi-billion dollar, global customer services provider. Knowledge of technology, solutions and services in the industrial automation market.
Previous experience speaking to large audiences.
Demonstrated ability to forge relationships, build and inspire trust with C-level executives.
Ability to motivate and energize a team in a high growth, high technology environment.
Capable of acting as an instructor/coach for the sales organization
Ability to influence and operate within a matrix organization. Self-confident with a high energy level, proactive management style, and strong conceptual skills. Can quickly earn the respect of Rockwell Automation management. Has sense of urgency, drive and personal motivation, yet has an adaptable/flexible style.
An MBA or advanced degree in business management is desirable.
Global Sales & Marketing
Sales, Services, and Solutions
Cleveland - Ohio, Chicago - Illinois, Milwaukee - Wisconsin
Food & Beverage, Household & Personal Care, Life Sciences
Rockwell Automation, the world's largest company dedicated to industrial automation, makes its customers more productive and the world more sustainable. Throughout the world, our flagship Allen-Bradley and Rockwell Software product brands are recognized for innovation and excellence.
When you choose Rockwell Automation, you join countless talented employees who have helped us establish our leadership position in the automation industry over the past century.
You join a diverse, inclusive and global community with a passion for innovation. A place where you can partner with great minds and inspiring people. And a corporation backed by the financial strength that drives growth and career opportunities.
As much as we focus on our customers, we know our employees are key to our success and future. Helping you develop a rewarding career is a top priority. Because when you succeed, we succeed.
Rockwell Automation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process, email our Talent Acquisition representative at RAApplicationsupport@ra.rockwell.com.
Download the EEO is the Law poster and the supplement for more information.