Procurement Governance Analyst - Florham Park, NJ-1700662
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Are you an ambitious team player looking to join a dynamic procurement team?
- Do you have experience with business processes and quality management?
- Are you a problem solver who can manage multiple work streams at the same time?
- Do you enjoy personal interaction and support of colleagues at all levels?
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world's leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment and are always working to form the best teamespecially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America's Best Employers in 2016. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
If this sounds like you, then we want to get to know you
Where the Chemistry Happens
We are looking for a Procurement Governance Analyst to join our Florham Park NJ team. In Procurement, we are accountable for sustainable profitable growth for BASF. We achieve this through a deep understanding of the end to end value chain from our suppliers to our customers and by focusing our resources on those activities with the highest potential for return. We are seamlessly integrated with our partners and drive towards common goals. As innovative professionals, we create competitive advantage for BASF. Procurement Governance administers policies and initiatives, and offers training, advice and guidance. This ensures compliance, protects BASF's assets and reputation, supports fair, competitive prices and purchase terms, and contributes to a sustainable future.
Procurement Governance Analyst (1700662)
Formula for Success: You Will
- Maintain document and training libraries for North America Procurement (N-FPN) Polices & Procedures. Participate in policy review to ensure alignment with Global Procurement (FP) Guidelines and Procedures, as well as BASF Corporate Policies & Procedures. Assist with delivery of training on a routine basis to N-FPN colleagues and Delegated Partners.
- Support risk management efforts as directed by Global Procurement, and as requested by Corporate Finance. Will be responsible for preparation of data to validate Dodd-Frank reporting, including training and communication to N-FPN Buyers, performing review of contracts, consulting with Finance and Legal as needed, and compiling Procurement's Commodity Trade Option Report for governmental reporting. Also supports risk management efforts related to Financial Reporting Compliance.
- Support N-FPN efforts in the area of Sustainability. Monitor supplier participation in Together for Sustainability supplier evaluation program, generate status reports, provide training and guidance to Buyers.
- Support N-FPN quality efforts in the area of Non-Conformance Management. Provide training and guidance in SAP process to Buyers and business users. NCM Claims Coordinator for supplier non-conformances, N.A. Business Process Expert.
Does this sound like the right job for you? Yes? Then we would like to hear from youPlease click apply to get the process started.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support youthe whole youin all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you'll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
Ingredients for Success: What We Look for in You
- Bachelor's degree required, preferably in Business Administration, Supply Chain or Finance.
- Minimum 5 years' prior relevant professional experience in business operations and/or procurement and/or Quality Management/Compliance and/or Audit and/or Finance
- Knowledge of procurement operations and systems, SAP experience a plus
- Excellent interpersonal, problem solving, leadership, organizational, and communication skills
- Strong analytical skills, be capable of working in a fast paced, multi-task environment
- Team-oriented, be able to handle difficult situations and solve problems effectively.
Primary Location: US-NJ-Florham Park
Function: PROC - Procurement
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Organization: N-FPN-Regional Procurement North America