Asset Effectiveness Engineer I / III - SAP-1700659
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world's leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment and are always working to form the best teamespecially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America's Best Employers in 2016. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Where the Chemistry Happens
We are seeking an Asset Effectiveness Engineer, SAP, to join our team and lead Asset Effectiveness improvements in order to maximize profitability as part of Strategic Production.
Asset Effectiveness Engineer, SAP (1700659)
You will develop, analyze and maintain plant relevant Asset Effectiveness Key Performance Indicators, identifying and managing planned and unplanned downtime strategies and driving reliability improvements. You will also manage the development of capital and maintenance strategies and plans to optimize Asset Effectiveness, ensure optimal life cycle costs and achieve the business objectives. You will support multiple business units and lead diverse teams, supporting all area operations teams.
Formula for Success: You Will
- Develop, analyze and maintain plant relevant Asset Effectiveness Key Performance Indicators and develop plans to maximize profitability.
- Lead Asset Effectiveness improvements through identification of lost availability and poor reliability. Manage diverse working teams consisting of Technologists, Production, Reliability and Maintenance experts to achieve targets.
- Lead Asset Effectiveness review meetings and determine the need for further analysis and/or resources. Maintain the documentation of these meetings. Drives the implementation of reliability improvement efforts.
- Define and manage down time strategy (planned & unplanned) as measured by Asset Effectiveness.
- Lead global and regional benchmarking analysis as necessary to identify improvement opportunities and share experiences.
- Ensure compliance of the assets with internal and external rules and regulations (e.g. SIS, mechanical integrity, inspections, etc.) via adherence to scheduling requirements or seeking approval for extensions.
- Develop and maintain critical equipment and bad actor documentation for all assigned areas.
- Work with Asset Manager in order to ensure proper resources assigned to reliability initiatives based on business needs.
Capital Strategy and Plan
- Provide input for new installations to all physical plant assets in assigned area, including DCS, considering total cost of ownership.
- Evaluate improvements to plant physical assets to minimize total cost of ownership in assigned area, considering asset replacement, business priorities, and capital expenditures.
- Develop the Capital Strategy and Plan for assigned area. This includes:
- Strategies for equipment life cycle analysis,
- Strategies for asset replacement.
- Facilitate prioritization of capital projects within the business group and across functions.
- Facilitate implementation of the Capital Plan, in coordination with Area Project Management based upon Business Strategies.
- Monitor capital spending against plan and forecast spending, in conjunction with Area Project Management.
- Work with Asset Manager to prioritize capital projects and acquire resources to ensure capital investments for each business unit.
Maintenance Strategy and Plan
- Work with Maintenance Gatekeeper and Asset Manager to develop Maintenance Strategies and Plans to minimize total cost of ownership for all plant physical assets. Consider asset replacement, business priorities, and capital expenditures.
- Lead cross functional team to develop the Critical Equipment lists. Maintain ownership of the documents.
- Help promote Autonomous Maintenance and provide or coordinate appropriate level of training.
- Works with Asset Manager and Maintenance Gatekeeper to manage plant Maintenance costs including budgeting and forecasting.
- Drive Innovation
- Collaborate for Achievement
- Embrace Diversity
- Communicate Effectively
- Drive Sustainable Solutions
- Develop Self and Others
- Act with Entrepreneurial Drive
- Demonstrate Customer Focus
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support youthe whole youin all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you'll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
Ingredients for Success: What We Look for in You
- Bachelors of Science degree in an engineering field and 2 or more years of production or maintenance experience in a chemical/petrochemical or other similar manufacturing environment.
- Must demonstrate the following competencies: drive innovation, collaborate for achievement, embrace diversity, communicate effectively, drive sustainable solutions, develop self and others, act with entrepreneurial drive, demonstrate customer focus.
- Demonstrated experience leading a technical optimization or plant reliability improvement.
This position requires all candidates to either currently possess or obtain and maintain a TWIC (Transportation Worker Identification Credential) Card from the U. S. Department of Homeland Security.
**BASF recognizes Institutions of Higher Education that are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent.
Primary Location: US-TX-Freeport
Function: ENGI - Engineering & Technical Service
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Organization: (EM)-Care Chemicals