We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The position is responsible for supporting the BASF office buildings, labs, warehouses and operations on the Wyandotte site by maintaining the instrumentation and controls systems in good working order. The work must be done in a safe and efficient manner, and demands attention to detail, job site cleanliness, and work space orderliness. This position is considered multi-skilled, i.e. the instrument technician will perform a wide variety of work besides instrumentation and controls maintenance as the plant situations dictate. This work may include basic pipe fitting, millwright, insulation, and operator assistance tasks.
The position requires a collaborative approach involving multiple levels of plant operations personnel, and the successful candidate must have excellent troubleshooting, communication, and listening skills.
Additional responsibilities include:
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
High School education or equivalent and one of the following:
- Two (2) year Associates Degree in a related Instrumentation, Electronics or Electrical field.
- Registered apprenticeship in an Instrumentation, Electronics or Electrical program.
- Academic degree in related technology area to a maximum of 4 years.
- Basic computer literacy: Windows operating system, Outlook e-mail and databases, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel).
- Excellent safety skills. Must comply with OSHA and plant-specific safety procedures.
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively in a team environment.
- ISA certification
- Experience with troubleshooting and repair of Allen Bradley and Siemans variable frequency drives is desired.
- Experience with SAP computerized maintenance management system.
-In addition to the basic requirement of being able to install control wiring, the ability to work on power wiring up to 480V 3-phase is an advantage.
- In addition to the basic requirement of being able to calibrate and maintain a wide variety of instrumentation, experience with air / water measurement equipment such as turbidity, conductivity, explosive gas detection is an advantage.
- Ability to develop and make revisions to written documentation related to equipment repair / calibration procedures, preventive maintenance inspection protocols, breakdown / failure analysis reporting.
This position is part of a job family with multiple levels and will be filled at a level that is commensurate with the candidate's qualifications and experience.
Primary Location: US-MI-Wyandotte
Function: PROD - Production, Maintenance & Technicians
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Organization: N-FTN-Engineering/Maintenance North America