Regional Business Manager, Mining Solutions - Houston, TX-1700696
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world's leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment and are always working to form the best teamespecially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
We are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America's Best Employers in 2016. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Where the Chemistry Happens
The Regional Business Manager will lead the growth of the Mining Solutions business in North America with direct supervision of technical service, application development and marketing.
Formula for success. You will..
- Define and lead the execution of business growth targets: market share gain, penetration of new functionalities for existing and new mining customers.
- Continuously seek and exploit opportunities to keep the differentiation: innovative services, digitalization, product innovation
- Ensure effective and successful of the regional launch of new products
- Sponsor activities at approximately 5 key accounts
- Contribute to identifying and sourcing M&A targets in line with the RBU's strategy
- Foster and nurture stake holder network (equipment manufacturers, design engineers, regulators) in order to align BASF offer and facilitate the adoption of the BASF solutions
- Ensure full legal and EHS compliance of the unit
- Develop operating plans and ensure achievement of regional sales, profitability and cost (personnel, inventory, overdue, spending) targets
- Drive and monitor account planning process & allocation of resources
- Supervise & lead the sales, marketing & technical organizations for Mining Solutions in North America
- Drive the development of a talented, motivated and diverse workforce by dedicating time and effort to: supporting the employee & talent development process, ensuring the consideration of a diverse pool of qualified candidates to fill vacancies, and leading by example.
- Establish and maintain strong working relationships with key management personnel in other business divisions and functional groups (customer service, supply chain, credit, third party suppliers, and BASF procurement for blending/tolling arrangements)
Leadership Core Responsibilities:
- Coach and develop team members to reach their full potential
- Support development assignments and movement of talent across units
- Motivate and challenge to drive high performance
- Commit to "hiring the best" internally and externally
- Create an inclusive environment which embraces and derives value from diversity
- Execute performance and career development discussions
- Role model and enable development of competencies in others needed to implement BASF's strategy
- Establish and support a safety culture in which all accidents are preventable
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support youthe whole youin all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you'll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
Ingredients for success. What we look for in you...
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Engineering or Science discipline required
- MBA preferred
- Minimum 7 years of marketing, sales and/or operations work experience required
- Specialty chemicals business experience required
- Experience directly managing others required
- Leadership experience
- Account management
- Business development (eg. product launches or market extension)
- Multicultural management experience
- Strong business and financial acumen
- Ability to work and interact in a cross-cultural and international team environment
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement strategies to drive profitable sales growth
- Creativity and entrepreneurship
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously
- Communication skills, including negotiating, presentations, influencing & relationship building.
- Spanish language proficiency a plus
- Multi-functional management experience preferred
Leadership Expectations: As a leader at BASF, you will play a key role in creating value for the company through people. Our top candidate will be expected to enable greater personal success among our employees through quality people development, coaching, and performance management. Leaders at BASF are role models to help employees develop the competencies needed to implement BASF's strategy. Our expectation is that leaders will coach and develop team members to reach their full potential, and support relevant development assignments, opportunities and moves while motivating and challenging employees to drive high performance. Our leaders must be committed to "hiring the best" internally and externally at the same time they are creating an inclusive environment which embraces and derives value from diversity. Finally, a leader at BASF must establish and support our safety culture in which all accidents are preventable.
Primary Location: US-TX-Houston
Other Locations: US-NJ-Florham Park
Function: GEMA - General Management
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Organization: (EV)-Performance Chemicals