Chemical Plant Operator 1-1700748
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The incumbent will be assigned to one of the four teams working on a rotating 12-hour schedule, and will report to that team's Shift Supervisor.
The scope of activities range from field tasks such as material handling, big bag filling, truck filling, drum line operations, utilities, and tank farm management to control room operations, such as recipe management, process control, and troubleshooting. Advancement depends on the demonstrated knowledge across all JONCRYL manufacturing technologies and job tasks.
A training plan will be created based on the individual's experience combined with the need of the Wyandotte Resins team at the time of hire. CPOs must possess a like mindset, able to handle changing conditions and direction from their Supervisors without undue stress or resistance to change.
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
- High School education or equivalent required.
- Physical strength to safely move, fill, and handle 55 gallon drums & 55 pound bags, standing for extended periods of time, climb/descend flights of stairs throughout shift and perform clean up activities.
- Demonstrated commitment to EHS excellence.
- Fork truck and pallet jack experience preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years working in a manufacturing environment.
- Ability and discipline to work effectively on 12-hour rotating shifts.
- Applicant must take and pass a career fit, basic mechanical and skill tests in order to qualify.
- Experience in chemical plant is preferred.
- Highly-developed teamwork competency, ability to work with others effectively under time constraints.
- Excellent quality competencies, ability to execute tasks safely, consistently and reliably.
- Must be capable of using SCBA equipment and serve as HAZWOPER technician.
This position is part of a job family with multiple levels and will be filled at a level that is commensurate with the candidate's qualifications and experience.
Primary Location: US-MI-Wyandotte
Function: PROD - Production, Maintenance & Technicians
Job Type: Standard
Organization: N-EDN-Dispersions North America