We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world's leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment and are always working to form the best teamespecially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
We are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America's Best Employers in 2015. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Where the Chemistry Happens
Human Resources professionals at BASF create chemistry with people. HR is working to form the best team by sourcing, hiring and developing the right talent for BASF. In addition to traditional responsibilities like governance, benefits administration, and payroll, HR at BASF serves as a strategic partner to the business, ensuring that the right people are in the right place at the right time to help the Company grow. HR strives to make BASF an even better place to work by soliciting feedback, engaging employees, and shaping the culture through best-practice programs and practices.
As BASF's Executive Recruiter, you will be responsible for building, leading and executing the recruitment process for our leadership pipeline. You will work directly with business leaders to understand talent selection and attraction challenges, business priorities and define sourcing strategies to deliver on talent acquisition's commitments. Being close to the external market through benchmarking and networking, you will analyze both recruitment and business trends to provide expert solutions to finding top executive talent. Your subject matter expertise, consultative approach, business acumen and talent insight will allow you to make recommendations on staffing processes, talent pipeline development and sourcing prospects that result in finding top senior level talent. You will build strong partnerships with business leaders to provide a proactive approach to talent acquisition and help us achieve our talent strategic objectives, including our focus on promoting and hiring a diverse workforce.
Formula for Success:
The Executive Recruiter at BASF will:
- Sit on the Talent Acquisition Leadership Team and work to drive continuous improvement in quality of hire, time-to-fill, cost per hire, hiring manager satisfaction and candidate satisfaction at the leadership pipeline levels
- Manage the recruitment process for all BASF Executive Level candidates
- In partnership with TA Director, identify and implement appropriate leadership assessment tools
- Act as a Subject Matter Expert on executive recruitment, bringing best in class strategies to ensure BASF remains competitive in our talent attraction efforts
- Develop and implement innovative candidate sourcing strategies to effectively identify and attract top talent, with a focus on succession planning and pipeline development for key positions
- Leveraging deep knowledge of the business's talent needs, provide guidance and coaching to leaders while providing insight on anticipated roadblocks, challenges, etc.
- Work with leadership to ensure the success of our new hires including altering hiring criteria and providing recommendations for adapting integration/professional development programs
- Work with HR Analytics team to develop real-time reporting/tracking mechanism for monitoring the executive candidate pool
- Ensure a high quality candidate experience for both internal and external talent
- Review and analyze business unit data and external industry trends to design a forward-looking, best in class executive recruitment program/strategy development. Proactively identify and report on trends that could impact the organization's objectives
- Assist with TA financial planning for recruiting budget
- Take on ownership of various projects as part of the TA Leadership Team
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support youthe whole youin all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you'll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
Ingredients for Success: What We Look For in You
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, HR or related discipline
- 10+ years' experience as a professional recruiter for senior level talent with a focus on proactive candidate identification, attraction, assessment and selection.
- 3+ years in a corporate environment; combination of corporate and retained executive search, boutique search firm and/or agency experience
- Demonstrated ability to influence leaders at the highest levels of an organization
- Experience partnering with business leaders and/or Talent Management to support succession planning and/or the proactive identification of potential talent gaps
- Expertise in developing executive assessment and selection frameworks
- Strong consultative skills in advising business executives on the market, talent value proposition and aiding in their hiring decisions
- Demonstrated track record of success in developing, implementing and executing creative recruitment strategies, including market mapping, name generation, cold calling, etc.
- Effective relationship manager with a focus on exemplary customer service
- An enthusiastic team player with a strong drive to create a positive and collaborative work environment
Primary Location: US-NJ-Florham Park
Function: HRES - Human Resources
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Organization: NTH-Human Resources