Sr. Manager, Leadership Excellence-1700816
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world's leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment and are always working to form the best teamespecially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
We are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America's Best Employers in 2015. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Where the Chemistry Happens
Human Resources professionals at BASF create chemistry with people. HR is working to form the best team by sourcing, hiring and developing the right talent for BASF. In addition to traditional responsibilities like governance, benefits administration, and payroll, HR at BASF serves as a strategic partner to the business, ensuring that the right people are in the right place at the right time to help the Company grow. HR strives to make BASF an even better place to work by soliciting feedback, engaging employees, and shaping the culture through best-practice programs and practices.
The Sr. Manager, Leadership Excellence & Development role is instrumental to ensuring that the organization has the right caliber of diverse leaders as well as a healthy leadership pipeline to ensure sustainable success of our business and to drive a performance based, diverse and inclusive culture. This role is responsible for developing and executing a cohesive North America vision and strategy for current and future leaders, to build critical capabilities in support of the business strategy and growth agenda. It will be responsible for leadership development and pipelining. As a thought leader, this individual will continue to refine our philosophy and guiding principles regarding how we build skills and capabilities to drive future growth. As a change agent, this individual will lead a team of professionals to drive critical development initiatives in the business for the region. Finally, as a key influencer, this individual will need to create and sustain key relationships within a complex work environment, build credibility through demonstrated expertise in the areas of leadership development, pipeline management and organizational effectiveness and have the vision and tenacity to deliver real change.
Sr. Manager, Core Responsibilities include people leadership:
- Coach and develop people managers to reach their full potential
- Support development assignments and movement of talent across units
- Motivate and challenge to drive high performance
- Create an inclusive environment which embraces and derives value from diversity
- Execute performance and career development discussions with leadership pipeline.
- Role model and enable development of competencies in others needed to implement BASF's strategy
Formula for Success:
- Diagnose, develop, and deliver leadership development solutions that accelerate critical capabilities and skills at the individual, team, and organizational level to support the business strategy and drive performance.
- Create a cohesive leadership development vision and strategy that enables a more proactive advisory approach with the business.
- Create and actively manage an accelerated and comprehensive 70/20/10 development approach specifically focused on the organization's leadership pipeline and current leaders
- Continue to refine and communicate the principles and meaning of leadership development at BASF for existing and future leaders
- Deliver comprehensive and target set of learning and training programs and practices
- Utilize internal and external network to identify innovative solutions and the best means for integrating those solutions into the organization in a clear, effective manner.
- Serve as talent broker for top talent in the organization
- Manage portfolio of leadership development solutions for existing and future leaders
- Engage with senior leaders and other key stakeholders across the organization to influence and gain buy-in on the vision for leadership development and execution of associated initiatives
- Coordinate with other regions, including global executive development(COS), on definition and execution of key global leadership initiatives
- Analyze trends in leadership pipeline to develop key insights and drive desired outcomes
- Manage and lead a professional team by role modeling the principles of strong performance management, career development, and team alignment.
- Provide a sharpened focus on ensuring diversity and inclusion, including the impact of unconscious bias, in our talent pipeline
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support youthe whole youin all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you'll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
Ingredients for Success: What We Look For in You
- 10+ years of related HR experience. L&D and OD experience preferred. Previous leadership experience is required.
- Developed, implemented and evaluated OD/Learning/Leadership Development initiatives in a large, complex work environment (multiple business units and geographies with global considerations)
- Led large-scale change initiatives within a complex business environment with multiple key stakeholders
- Integrated learning, leadership, and organizational development into the broader talent management framework (i.e. succession planning, career development)
- Demonstrated experience managing a large team and developing successors
- Bachelors of Arts or Science in Business or related fields , Advanced degree preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
Influential understands and relates well to various audiences at all organizational levels and can flex style accordingly to effectively influence outcomes
Innovative continuously searching for creative solutions to improve delivery and/or sustainability of key initiatives
Versatile ability to think and act on both strategic and tactical levels
Results Oriented drive to deliver results despite the odds; willing to go above and beyond to get results; has the tenacity and perseverance to see things through
Change Agent healthy dissatisfaction with the status quo; the catalyst and driver of positive change
Interpersonal Savvy builds relationships, maneuvers well within a large organization and exudes strong executive presence
Business Acumen understands how organizations work and can anticipate the possible impact/ramifications of strategies and tactics
Leadership excellent leadership and coaching capabilities; leads by example; values diversity; composed and approachable; culturally sensitive
Balance - has the tenacity, confidence, and drive to stay true to a vision but the humility to consider and act upon new ways of thinking
Technical expert has deep content knowledge of management and leadership development
Process driven ability to be organized and disciplined in driving key outcomes
Primary Location: US-NJ-Florham Park
Function: HRES - Human Resources
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Organization: NTH-Human Resources