Our next big investment is in you
Let’s talk about taking your career to new heights
You’ve got the passion. You’ve got the skills. Now you just need the right opportunity. At Wells Fargo, you’ll have the chance to join a team of smart and talented people who share the same values. Our diverse lines of business offer a world of opportunity to expand your capabilities and advance your career. We invest in our people and provide an environment to learn and grow. Get your career off to the right start. Visit our career site at wellsfargo.com/careers and let’s have a conversation about your future today.
Operational Risk Manager 3
It starts with you. Our goal is to attract, develop, retain and motivate the most talented people - those who care and who work together as partners across business units and functions. We value and promote diversity and inclusion in every aspect of our business and at every level of our organization.
At Wells Fargo, we invest in our people. Our diverse lines of business offer unique opportunities to expand your knowledge and advance your career.
You’ve got the passion. You’ve got the skills. Are you looking for the next opportunity to learn and grow? At Wells Fargo, we offer a supportive environment where team members can cultivate their careers and make a difference within our company and the communities we serve.
Corporate Risk provides leadership, enhances communications, assists with problem identification and solutions, and shares best practices. In addition, this group provides an enterprise-wide view of risk, assists management and our Board of Directors in identifying and monitoring risks that may affect multiple lines of business, and takes appropriate action when business activities exceed the risk tolerance of the company.
The Wealth and Investment Management (WIM) Group Operational Risk Management team is seeking a qualified candidate for a critical Operational Risk Manager position. This is a great opportunity for a seasoned operational risk professional in Wells Fargo to move into a management role, while still retaining hands on responsibilities in support of the Wells Fargo Operational Risk Platform. This manager will lead a team charged to provide oversight, monitoring and support responsibility for WIM Risk & Control Self-Assessment, Issue Management, Control Reviews and Assessment, Common Reporting, and Loss Data Management.
A successful candidate will have the ability to work with multiple partners at all levels within responsible WIM lines of business and with enterprise resources accountable for corporate Operational Risk Management programs. This operational risk manager will coordinate a large working group of risk and compliance professionals, providing leadership, giving direction and aligning activities to ensure compliance with corporate standards. Additionally, the person in this role will be responsible for supporting WIM Risk Management in the implementation of the enterprise Shared Risk Program (SHRP) tool providing business requirements, identifying gaps, and designing organizational, risk, and control structures.
As a working manager, the successful candidate will provide support and direct oversight to at least one operational risk platform tool or function which may include Operational Loss Data or Risk and Control Self-Assessment functions.
Location: Open to all Wells Fargo locations
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a diversified, community-based financial services company. Founded in 1852 and headquartered in San Francisco, Wells Fargo provides banking, insurance, investments, mortgage, and consumer and commercial finance through our many locations, ATMs, the internet (wellsfargo.com) and mobile banking. To learn more, Wells Fargo perspectives are also available at Wells Fargo Blogs and Wells Fargo Stories.
- 8+ years of experience in compliance, operational risk management (includes audit, legal, credit risk, market risk, or the management of a process or business with accountability for compliance or operational risk), or a combination of both; or 8+ years of IT systems security, business process management or financial services industry experience, of which 4+ years must include direct experience in compliance, operational risk management, or a combination of both
- 3+ years of management experience
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to articulate complex concepts in a clear manner
Other Desired Qualifications
- Prior experience with a demonstrated understanding and working knowledge of Operational Risk Management within the Wells Fargo risk management program
- Demonstrated hands on experience with loss data management including use of the Internal Loss Database (ILD) and General Ledger understanding and analysis
- Experience and understanding of one or more of the remaining modules comprising the current operational risk management platform (SHRP Issue Management, RCSA, CRAS+, Control Catalog, or SHRP Reporting) or their equivalents
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written, with the ability to tailor messages based on the audience
- Ability to influence stakeholders in a collaborative environment without direct organizational authority
- Proven ability to develop pertinent reporting and analytics to help businesses understand and develop solutions for complex operational risk issues
- Knowledge of Wealth and Investment Management Group (or external equivalents)
- Direct user experience and understanding of Archer governance, risk and compliance tool or equivalent
- Industry Certifications within Operational Risk Domains (e.g. CISSP)
- Strong Process Management and Project Management skills
- Advance Microsoft Office skills
- Works independently
Visit wellsfargo.com/careers and search by the Job ID # 5317467 to apply.
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation. © 2016 Wells Fargo Bank, N.A. All rights reserved. Member FDIC.