We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The Huntsville Site's PD Lab is the first line supplier for our new business. The employees in that area are responsible for:
- Following work instructions, procedures and product specifications; adding specified amounts of raw materials into vessels or blending tanks; setting valves to feed liquid and solid materials through equipment units, and setting controls in specified sequence on control panels.
- Weighing out quantities of powdered or liquid chemicals, following formula sheets.
- Starting and monitoring feed of solid or semi-solid materials through equipment units, such as mills, heating vessels and mixing tanks; dumping pre-weighed ingredients into tanks, hoppers, or ball mills.
- Adjusting controls and valves to maintain system at specified temperature, pressure, and vacuum levels.
- Observing chemical reactions; monitoring gauges, samples and recorders; and receiinges notification from analytical laboratory, supervisor, or other workers to make specified operating adjustments.
- Observing gauges, and instruments, turns valves, and moving controls to regulate temperatures, pressures, and flow of steam, coolant, and chemical constituents through system to effect prescribed reaction within critical limits, according to knowledge of equipment and process.
- Drawing samples of product at specified stages of synthesis and performing standard tests to determine if manufacturing is proceeding efficiently and in conformity with specifications.
- Attaching hoses, pumps or transfering equipment to move completed slurry to holding area or manufacturing coating equipment.
- Assuring coating slurry meets required specifications, starting equipment to transfer slurry to the coater machine.
- Setting scale limits and pump operation pressure to assure proper slurry supply to coating machine
- Entering production information into computer for lot packages, downtime sheets and JDE.
- Following work instructions, and specification sheets, sets and controlling coating machines to regulate speed of coating, flow of chemical slurries, and temperature of drying ovens to maintain specified customer quality requirements.
- Utilizing work instructions and guides, troubleshooting coater systems and making appropriate adjustments to assure proper coater operation
- Cleaning and maintaining coating machines and associated feed tanks, plumbing and pumps.
- Properly completing administrative entries associated with coater operations such as Process Lot Tickets, standard process control charts and other operations forms.
- Controlling coater operation, which contributes to maintaining scrap at less than company goal.
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
- Requires a High School Diploma/GED and Specialized Training with solid work experience and 2+ years catalyst experience preferred
- Must demonstrate ability to be self-directed working with minimal supervision
- Must demonstrate a high level of initiative including the ability to identify and initiate work projects and/or tasks working on multiple tasks
- Demonstrate the ability to operate complex machines
- Must possess intermediate to advanced computer skills
- Requires the ability to lead and/or influence others and a strong customer focus
Primary Location: US-AL-Huntsville
Function: PROD - Production, Maintenance & Technicians
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Night Job
Organization: G-CCE-Mobile Emissions Catalysts