Warner Pacific College’s Mission: Warner Pacific is a Christ-centered, urban, liberal arts College dedicated to providing students from diverse backgrounds with an education that prepares them to engage actively in a constantly changing world. Our hiring practices reflect our missional commitment to being a Christ-centered institution.
Warner Pacific College’s Commitment to Diversity: Warner Pacific College is committed to hiring staff and faculty with an intentionality that demonstrates the importance of having an employee community that reflects the racial and ethnic diversity of the students we serve. In the fall of 2016, more than 57% of our traditional students were racially or ethnically diverse. Persons of color are strongly encouraged to apply.
Warner Pacific College is looking for a leader who has experienced the joy and pain of starting a business and now seeks to invest in the next generation of socially-minded, diverse entrepreneurs in the Pacific Northwest. With the goal of developing a Social Entrepreneurship program that reflects excellence, innovation, and a keen understanding of the challenges of starting a business, Warner Pacific is committed to hiring a full time faculty member who intuitively understands the importance of connecting classroom learnings with business risk-takers and street-level business experiences in the community. The successful candidate will be able to teach and engage emerging social entrepreneurs and give them the tools and relationships needed to successfully incubate real-world business ideas.
The Assistant/Associate Professor of Business reports to the Director of the Business Department and is responsible for teaching undergraduate and graduate classes in Business specifically those classes in our Social Entrepreneurship major, and other areas; serving on committees; and advising students in the Business Department. At Warner Pacific College, the Business Department is designed primarily to serve students preparing for a employment in a variety of business fields including for profit and non-profit leadership, health care administration, accounting and finance, and other jobs that require an undergraduate/graduate degree in business.
- Teach assigned courses.
- Articulate and model current best practices in teaching.
- Develop curriculum related to area of expertise.
- Advise and mentor students.
- Serve on faculty and institutional committees as assigned.
- Engage in scholarly activity in business, social entrepreneurship, or closely related discipline.
- Work collegially with faculty, staff, and students.
- Understand and promote the mission, values, and core themes of Warner Pacific College.
- Exhibit excellent communication skills in all interactions with faculty, staff, and students.
- Support and contribute to the implementation of the College Strategic Plan.
- Participate in Warner Pacific College professional development opportunities.
- Adhere to College policies and procedures.
- Demonstrate commitment to a Christian liberal arts education by upholding the mission of the College and abiding by the Employment Standards and Lifestyle Agreement.
- Exhibit commitment to inclusiveness and sensitivity in areas of national origin, ethnicity, culture, gender, and disabilities.
- Perform other duties as assigned.