Territory Sales Manager - Performance Flooring - Indiana, Michigan, Kentucky & Ohio-1700105
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Are you a high achiever looking for an opportunity to directly impact the success of your team and the organization?
- Are you passionate about collaborating with world-class colleagues to solve complex challenges?
- Do you have a global mindset and a passion for innovation and sustainability?
If this sounds like you, then we want to get to know you...
We are BASF, the world's largest chemical company and the leader in sustainable chemical solutions.
BASF is focused on global challenges today and in the future. Our people change the world each and every day. Our success as a company relies on the personal success of our employees. As a result, we aim to be an attractive employer that encourages our staff to develop their strengths and recognizes their achievements. BASF is proud to be named #24 on The DiversityInc Top 50 Companies for Diversity. We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment and are always working to form the best teamespecially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
Where the Chemistry Happens
With about 5,400 employees in more than 50 countries, BASF's Construction Chemicals division is the leading supplier of chemical systems and formulations for customers from the construction industry.
This is where you come in.
BASF is seeking a Territory Sales Representative, Performance Flooring to cover the States of Indiana, Kentucky, Michigan and Ohio.
Territory Sales Representative, Performance Flooring (1700105)
You will develop and expand new business opportunities for the Performance Flooring Business Segment through an existing and potential customer base and lead the development of customer relationships at all levels. You will perform all of the necessary sales and marketing activities for the targeted industry sectors involving core product growth via project oriented sales.
Formula for Success: You Will
- Sell seamless, resinous flooring solutions using owner direct sales calls to the Food & Beverage, Science & Technology, and Heavy Industrial markets.
- Maintain and further develop a contractor installation base capable of performing installations at the highest level of industry standards, and occasional coordination with the design communities of these particular industry sectors.
- Represent BASF Construction Systems products to all customer accounts in the designated geographic territory either as a single point of contact or as part of a team. The purpose is optimum distribution of products through all channels by reaching and exceeding performance objectives.
- Manage the company's business in the territory as if it were their own and is done through a combination of individual effort and interdependent teamwork with peers and sales managers.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support youthe whole youin all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you'll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
Ingredients for Success: What We Look for in You
- Bachelor's Degree and a minimum of 3+ years of specialty construction products sales and/or experience as an installer of specialty construction systems OR High School Diploma/Equivalent and 7+ years of equivalent experience. The most preferred candidates will have experience in resinous flooring sales.
- Industry related work experience (calling on Contractors, Facility Managers, Engineering Groups, Building Owners, etc.) required.
- Experience selling into the following industries (Food & Beverage, Pharmaceutical, Health Care facilities, and Architectural and Civil Engineering Firms) preferred.
- A demonstrated track record of success growing a profitable sales territory using a consultative, value added approach.
- Strong communication and influencing skills.
- Computer skills including MS Office Products, CRM, pricing, and market analysis tools.
Primary Location: US-Indiana
Other Locations: US-Michigan, US-Ohio, US-Kentucky
Function: SALE - Sales
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Organization: N-EBN-Construction Chemicals North America