Infrastructure Manager - McIntosh, AL-1700889
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world's leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment and are always working to form the best teamespecially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America's Best Employers in 2016. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Where the Chemistry Happens...
We are seeking an Infrastructure Manager to join our team.
Infrastructure Manager (1700889)
Formula for Success: You Will
- Lead operations team and promote safe, efficient processes so as to minimize wastes and other environmental impacts. Utilize existing and/or provide new systems and resources to ensure compliance with environmental and safety requirements.
- Coordinate and assure proper utilization of resources within operations to minimize operational costs while ensuring uninterrupted services to support business needs.
- Manage infrastructure costs to budget.
- Approve business and technical aspects of capital project improvements.
- Ensure continuous improvement by defining, implementing, and monitoring process improvements plans and technical process optimizations.
- Manage both bargaining unit and management represented personnel.
- Lead and direct both professional and technical development of unit staff personnel.
- Provide leadership and support in managing environmental issues in the plant.
- Ensure proper training and certification of operations staffing.
- Manage infrastructure strategy and replacement plans for obsolete and aged infrastructure assets.
- Work as liaison for external and internal initiatives and opportunities.
- Partner with Production Services Manager and Site Director to pursue and evaluate 3rd party opportunities in support of cost absorption and revenue from selling services, i.e. wastewater treatment, utilities, emergency response, etc.
- Work as liaison for external and internal supply of utilities and wastewater treatment services.
- Manage business alignment with EV production units and third party customers.
- Manage 3rd party facilities agreements to provide utility and wastewater treatment services.
- Provide technical support on Area 15's ability to treat new products.
- Serve as Regional Safety Champion.
- Promote alignment and sharing of best practices on EH&S related topics among regional EV sites.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support youthe whole youin all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you'll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
Leadership Core Responsibilities:
1. Coach and develop team members to reach their full potential
2. Support development assignments and movement of talent across units
3. Motivate and challenge to drive high performance
4. Commit to "hiring the best" internally and externally
5. Create an inclusive environment which embraces and derives value from diversity
6. Execute performance and career development discussions
7. Role model and enable development of competencies in others needed to implement BASF's strategy
8. Establish and support a safety culture in which all accidents are preventable
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
Ingredients for Success: What We Look for in You
- BS/MS Chemistry/Chemical Engineering/Mechanical Engineering/or an Environmental Science Degree plus minimum 10 years of waste water treatment experience
- Prior leadership experience is a must. Supervisory experience is desirable.
- Demonstrated ability to provide strategic leadership. Ability to lead and motivate workforce
- Demonstrated ability to take action to achieve goals beyond what is required, to be proactive, not reactive, and to solve problems without being assigned
- Technical knowledge of utilities operations preferred
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written are required
- Ability to present/communicate to persons at all levels of the organization
- Strong Planning/Organization skills
- Financial and information management skills
- General knowledge of environmental permits; NPDES, RCRA, Air
Must be willing and able to travel 5% of the time.
Leadership Expectations: As a leader at BASF, you will play a key role in creating value for the company through people. Our top candidate will be expected to enable greater personal success among our employees through quality people development, coaching, and performance management. Leaders at BASF are role models to help employees develop the competencies needed to implement BASF's strategy. Our expectation is that leaders will coach and develop team members to reach their full potential, and support relevant development assignments, opportunities and moves while motivating and challenging employees to drive high performance. Our leaders must be committed to "hiring the best" internally and externally at the same time they are creating an inclusive environment which embraces and derives value from diversity. Finally, a leader at BASF must establish and support our safety culture in which all accidents are preventable.
Primary Location: US-AL-McIntosh
Function: PROD - Production, Maintenance & Technicians
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Organization: N-EVP-Performance Chemicals