Ideal candidate is a talented innovator involved in the delivery of the next generation of cloud infrastructure services within the Information Software business. This person will define and execute the cloud product strategy for core infrastructure services and evangelize that vision within the organization.
- Define, execute and support strategies for Cloud Platform, Products (SaaS) and IOT Platforms and evangelize that vision within the organization
- Conduct business and financial analysis necessary for a complete business model, including competitive analysis, budgeting, forecasting, monitoring and reporting
- Define business requirement documents which serve as a bridge from high-level business objectives to the functional specification, based on intimate knowledge of the feature, customers and market trend
- Distill business requirements to define scope and functionality of product offering and work with a team of engineers to design creative technical solutions to solve business problems
- Identify operational requirements throughout the enterprise (i.e., Finance, Support, Marketing, Partners, etc.) and collaborate with all stakeholders to ensure all requirements are met for the successful deployment and releases of product features and enhancements
- Utilize a data-driven approach to inform decision-making, analyze system and feature performance and identify opportunities for optimization and improvement
- Be comfortable in getting hands dirty in day-to-day tasks to get things done
- Monitor and track product feedback to help in the prioritization of development projects by effectively managing trade-offs between investment, schedule and customer benefit
- Drive execution of product development through the complete define / build / test / launch / review / sunset life-cycle ensuring deliverables meet the desired business objectives
- Conduct third-party product evaluation and lead integration when necessary
- Mentor product team, engineering team, sales team in the day-to-day management, development, and optimization of products
- Act as technical liaison and evangelist for Cloud platform and products offerings to internal stakeholders and external partners
- Strong knowledge of Cloud and IOT application space and desire to learn more
- Stay current and be conversant with the latest relevant technologies and competitive offerings
- Deep technical and business understanding of Rockwell products and ability to map them to industry segments and specific customer situations
- Demonstrates curiosity in new technologies & products that could add value
- Demonstrate extensive leadership ability by effectively mentoring other consultants
- Leverage work appropriately and create a supportive environment for associates to learn
- Continuously improve and expand personal competencies
- Build relationships internally and collaborate effectively on cross-functional teams
- Communicate with Sr Leaders and customers at various levels from key decision makers to technical stakeholders and advisers in order to understand the problems they are looking to solve
- Ensure thorough familiarity with policies and procedures relating to standards of business conduct and motivates teams in the importance of full compliance with the letter and spirit of such policies and procedures
- Understand business needs from the perspective of business stake holders
- Understands, follows, and lead at implementing Standards of Business Conduct policy.
- Seeks opportunities to prepare and present technical papers in industry symposiums.
Conducts tasks in accordance with applicable health, safety, quality and environmental regulations (state/federal laws, ISO 9001, ISO 14000, etc.) as well as RA policies and procedures.
- Requires 5+years of experience in product management with a track record of bringing successful infrastructure services to launch.
- BA/BS in a technical field or related discipline
- MS/MBA preferred
- Ability to create and manage product roadmaps, prioritization, tradeoffs and constraints
- Experience with software development in a multi-tiered SOA environment including large-scale transactional services, distributed systems and performance measurement and optimization
- Desirable: Real-world Cloud, IOT Platform and Analytics experience
- Desirable : Experience in Applications Requirements for manufacturing world
- Desirable: Experience with core platform services including DNS, Active Directory, Identify Management solutions, database, storage and network technologies
- Experience with lean and agile methodologies
- Crisp and compelling verbal and written communication skills at all levels
- Self-starter, detail-oriented and results-driven focus
- Experience in industrial automation and information industry, a plus
- Intermediate experience with direct customer contact.
- Demonstrates professionalism with each client and colleague interaction
- Accepts and provides constructive feedback
- Retains excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Possesses excellent problem solving abilities and comfortable interfacing with a variety of personalities.
- Understand and complies with policies relating to Standards of Business Conduct.
- Possesses the drive, motivation, and willingness to achieve individual & company targets
- Comfortable traveling onsite to customers as needed, average annual travel required is 50%Work requires mental concentration and visual acuity to utilize computer terminals, approximately 40% of the work time
- Application Experience
- Cloud Based Application Platforms, SaaS applications, IOT Platforms
- Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES), Manufacturing Operations Management (MOM), IOT Platform, Analytics
- Industry Experience
- Life Science / Pharmaceutical / Medic al Device / Regulated Industries
- Automotive / Aerospace / Discrete Manufacturing
- Consumer Product Goods / Food and Beverage / Packaged Goods
Architecture and Software
Sales, Services, and Solutions
Austin - Texas, San Jose - California
Rockwell Automation, the world's largest company dedicated to industrial automation, makes its customers more productive and the world more sustainable. Throughout the world, our flagship Allen-Bradley and Rockwell Software product brands are recognized for innovation and excellence.
When you choose Rockwell Automation, you join countless talented employees who have helped us establish our leadership position in the automation industry over the past century.
You join a diverse, inclusive and global community with a passion for innovation. A place where you can partner with great minds and inspiring people. And a corporation backed by the financial strength that drives growth and career opportunities.
As much as we focus on our customers, we know our employees are key to our success and future. Helping you develop a rewarding career is a top priority. Because when you succeed, we succeed.
Rockwell Automation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process, email our Talent Acquisition representative at email@example.com.