At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world's leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment and are always working to form the best teamespecially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
We are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America's Best Employers in 2015. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Where the Chemistry Happens
We are seeking a Commercial Manager, Performance Materials Construction Business, to join our team. As the world's leading chemical company, BASF produces an incredible variety of products for a wide range of consumer industries - for example the automotive, construction, and food industries. Of course, this offers a vast number of opportunities for marketing professionals. Our marketing teams act as a link between BASF and the global market, with its ever-changing demands. Reacting to these changes quickly and efficiently requires market transparency. In marketing, you are responsible for product and industry segments and consolidate the BASF global market leadership in close collaboration with our sales teams in the business units.
Commercial Manager, Construction Business Team (1700877)
You will manage the pricing, profitability and contracts within the Construction Industry. A member of the North American Construction senior leadership team, you will meet or exceed the financial and strategic objectives of the business. You will report to the Vice President and establishes common business pricing and contract processes utilized by all commercial functions within the Performance Materials division. Shared accountability is held with Product Management, Market Segment Management, Head of Sales and Pricing Strategist.
Formula for Success: You Will
- Manage CM1 and CM2 (contribution margin and profitability) for the North American Construction business. Support Operational Plan development.
- Develop pricing strategy and implementation plan for assigned industry and sub-segments (Residential, Commercial, Infrastructure).
- Develop regional and segment pricing guidelines to ensure required maximum market segment profitability. Analyze and set price increase and decrease activities. Business Case Develop price movements. Lead Customer Index Model development and analysis.
- Maximize regional profitability of customer and product portfolio together with regional marketing manager.
- Lead projects for margin management and profitability improvement initiatives, making large business decisions with compressed timelines and competing demands.
- Manage contract negotiation and contract administration together with regional sales manager.
- Lead special project evaluations as determined by the Industry Head.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support youthe whole youin all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you'll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.