Instrument & Electrical Supervisor-1700633
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world's leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment and are always working to form the best teamespecially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America's Best Employers in 2016. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Where the Chemistry Happens
We are seeking an Instrumentation and Electrical Supervisor to join our team. This is a BASF direct position that is craft-specific (Instrumentation and Electrical) and is responsible for the safe, quality, and cost effective execution of maintenance work.
Instrumentation and Electrical Supervisor (1700633)
You will provide technical expertise to support maintenance activities and remove barriers to facilitate execution productivity. You will supervise approximately 8 to 12 direct and contract reports.
Formula for Success: You Will
- Apply all safety rules, assuring Maintenance personnel are aware of and employing safe work practices and promoting safety programs and behaviors
- Assist Maintenance Gatekeeper and area scheduler as necessary to confirm prioritization
- Provide guidance to crafts on critical maintenance items, repairs, and tasks
- Facilitate first-time repair quality in an accurate, efficient and effective manner
- Perform quality checks of executed work
- Facilitate work execution productivity as measured by Time-on-Tools
- Ensure compliance to weekly schedule
- Ensure work orders are closed in a timely manner
- Act as a buffer to obstacles encountered by the I&E group during the daily work flow
- Communicate key issues which includes job status information, incident/safety topics, production area information, best practices and feedback.
- Ensure all I/E techs have training necessary to perform their job
- Ensure job assignments give all I&E techs exposure across the operating units
- Ensure all Techs. have the necessary tools required to perform their jobs, both personal tools and shop tools.
- Work with the various engineering groups on project planning and implementation.
- Oversee and guide 5S projects for the I/E group.
- Work with planners and engineering to make sure the correct parts are ordered and received.
Additional Roles and Responsibilities for all supervisory positions
- Manage merit and Performance Incentive process
- Manage discipline issues and conflict resolution
- Role model for the vision, mission, and values
- Track Team Performance for success (KPIs / Metrics)
- Owner for Team development / Build and maintain an engaged work force
- Talent development / career management for PMU population (non-exempt)
- Performance Management including job assignments for development. Consistent and ongoing dialogs. A Performance Reviews should not be a surprise.
- Managing Short and Long Term Disability, transition and accommodation
- Consistent enforcement of rules and policies
- Effective change management
- Effective and clear communication
- On-boarding of new employees
- Maintain all call phone, vacation and overtime spreadsheets.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support youthe whole youin all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you'll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
Ingredients for Success: What We Look for in You
- High School Diploma with 15+ years of instrument / electrical experience in an industrial maintenance environment OR; Associate of Science degree in I & E or a similar technical discipline and 10 + years of relevant experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of supervisory experience in a chemical / petrochemical manufacturing environment with effective leadership and communications (verbal and written) skills.
- Detailed understanding of equipment and overall plant manufacturing processes is required.
- Requires familiarity with environmental, health and safety procedures.
- A broad understanding of mechanical and electrical equipment maintenance, mechanical integrity programs and preventative maintenance practices is required.
- Must have familiarity with maintenance programs, work processes and best practices.
- Must have technical competencies of troubleshooting, root cause analysis, general computer skills, work planning and estimating, and user knowledge of SAP or similar enterprise software maintenance functions.
Primary Location: US-TX-Beaumont
Function: PROD - Production, Maintenance & Technicians
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Organization: N-APN-Crop Protection North America