Supply Chain Planner - Demand Planner-1700978
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world's leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment and are always working to form the best teamespecially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
We are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America's Best Employers in 2016. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Where the Chemistry Happens
We are seeking a Supply Chain Planner, Demand Planner to join our North American Agricultural Products Division (APN), based in Research Triangle Park, NC.
Supply Chain Planner, Demand Planner (1700978) Research Triangle Park (RTP), NC
As a Supply Chain Planner, Demand Planner you will be responsible for supporting and preparing data for the monthly Sales & Operations Planning (S&OP) process by gathering data from marketing about any demands and/or changes. You will also balance the detail you've collected and prepared against supply and inventory, while coordinating between marketing, logistics and supply planning.
Formula for Success: You Will
- Develop monthly distribution plans and monitor warehouse inventory levels, ensuring supply demands are being met and communicated with the goals of optimizing warehouse and transportation costs related to distribution planning
- Identify key trends that affect demand, and implement processes to monitor and control the impact of the trends
- Be responsible for the high level of cross functional coordination with marketing, sales support and master planning
- Lead or be involved in various local and regional projects, in addition to planning responsibilities
- Review the standard metrics (forecast accuracy, inventory, and allocation status) to identify opportunities to improve impact on the business
- Develop and report monthly Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to the business and develop specific action plans to drive improvements
- Coordinate meetings with key influencers (marketing, master planning, controlling, sales support, quality) to identify action plan, report status and drive proactive conversations
- Maintain the appropriate frequency of communication with internal customers, ensuring customer service levels are being met and management is kept informed
This position is part of a job family. The successful candidate will be hired at a level that matches their knowledge, skills, abilities and experience.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support youthe whole youin all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you'll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
Ingredients for Success: What We Look For in You
- BA/BS Degree with 2+ years in Supply Chain/Logistics or related business experience -OR- MS/MBA Degree with 0+ years in Supply Chain/Logistics or related business experience.
- Demonstrated ability to lead cross functional discussions
- Experience with extracting and managing mass data from an ERP data warehouse extraction tool
- Proficient in MS Excel data mining; including pivot tables, v-lookups, report creation, and graphing
- Strong presentation skills
- Strong analytical and strategic thinking
- Strong communication skills
We Also Look For
- BA/BS Degree with 5+ years in Supply Chain/Logistics or related business experience -OR- MS/MBA Degree with 2+ years in Supply Chain/Logistics or related business experience
- APICS certification
Primary Location: US-NC-Research Triangle Park
Function: LOSC - Logistics, Supply Chain & Customer Service
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Organization: N-APN-Crop Protection North America