The Broad Center for the Management of School Systems is a nonprofit organization that recruits, trains and supports talented leaders from across America to transform urban public school systems. For generations, Americans have called public education “the great equalizer.” But in too many places, our school systems are not living up to that promise. Instead, outdated, inefficient bureaucracies too often exacerbate inequities and get in the way of good teachers' ability to do great work. Driven by the belief in the power of public education and inspired to make a difference, a growing network of experienced leaders and managers are taking on the challenge. The Broad Academy and The Broad Residency in Urban Education prepare these professionals to put their skills and know-how to work making student learning the primary driver of every central office dollar and decision. By targeting resources where they are needed most, efforts of Broad Center alumni are helping improve the learning outcomes and life chances of the students they serve. In public school districts, charter management organizations and even state and federal departments of education, more than 500 members of The Broad Center’s alumni network are working with educators, parents and community leaders to help their schools soar. Regardless of the setting, for each one of them, the goal is the same: Make public education systems more effective, more efficient and more equitable so that every student receives a world-class education. For more information, visit our website at www.broadcenter.org.
The statements in this description represent typical elements, criteria and general work performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the job.
• Research, design, develop and ensure delivery of professional development programming, playing a lead role in the management of one of the two concurrent cohorts of Residents;
• Manage independent contractors to develop session content and materials;
• Identify resources required to deliver on programmatic goals and learning outcomes;
• Monitor performance against programmatic goals and learning outcomes;
• Manage the 360-degree feedback process and executive coaching program leveraged to support 100+ Residents and alumni;
• Champion the development of an improved learning management system used to disseminate program materials to Residents;
• Identify opportunities to innovate and improve upon existing programming and supports;
• Collaborate with the other parts of The Broad Residency team such as recruitment, selection and partnerships, and contribute to the broader Broad Center team;
• Other duties as required to ensure The Broad Center achieves its mission.