We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world's leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment and are always working to form the best teamespecially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America's Best Employers in 2016. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Where the Chemistry Happens
We are seeking a Product Manager to work globally with key groups to meet business objectives in terms of capacity and product availability, quality, cost, new product commercialization, and responsible care.
Product Manager (1701066)
You will work with members of the Product Management Group to assist in the identification, development, and implementation of work process improvements and tools to facilitate the achievement of the team's key performance objectives. These groups include R&D, Technology, Manufacturing, Sales, Supply Chain, Customer Care, and EHS.
Formula for Success: You Will Manage
- Product Availability: Work with Supply Chain and Manufacturing teams, insures completion of demand/supply plans, and ensures that the plan is being executed to meet inventory targets and business requirements. Works with Supply Chain, Customer Care, and Sales teams to complete requests for non-standard conditions or if situations result in conflicting needs or priorities. Actively facilitates the resolution of issues including establishing priorities in Manufacturing in case of conflicts as needed.
- Quality: Represent Product Management in Product Selection Team (PST) meetings to ensure that products are clearly defined, meeting process capable specifications, and that blend variable costs are clearly defined to enable pricing discussions and decisions.
Ensures that approved blends are in our WebCat IT system to support our shipping and forecasting processes. Works with Manufacturing to develop and implement quality processes to ensure consistent production of components and customer products. Facilitates the resolution of issues as needed.
- P&L: Work with Manufacturing and Finance teams to ensure that manufacturing costs are clearly defined and meet business objectives. Facilitates resolution of issues as needed. Support global Marketing in defining minimum margin requirements in Product Selection Team meetings.
- New Product Commercialization: Work with R&D, Technology, Process Development and Manufacturing teams, and leads the process for the manufacturing commercialization of new products.
- Capacity: Work with Technology and Manufacturing teams to assist in the implementation of the business' capacity plans in the production of existing and new products.
- Alternate Sourcing: Works with experts on tolling in Purchasing, Manufacturing, and Legal regarding opportunities to source products from 3rd parties.
- Key Raw Material Supply: Work with Purchasing, Process Development, and Manufacturing teams in the implementation of plans to secure the supply of key raw materials.
- Responsible Care: Lead efforts working with Product Stewardship and EH&S teams to ensure that SDSs are current for all components and products. Proactively works with R&D to in the proper establishment of substance compositions as needed.
- Sales Forecasting: Work with Sales, Marketing, and Supply Chain in the updating of the sales forecast tool including scenarios showing supply vs. demand. Maintains the updates for new sales opportunities in the sales funnel process. Maintains the database for win / loss analysis.
- Strategic Plan Execution: Works with Marketing and Sales to track key KPI's in the execution of the strategic plan on a global and regional level.
- Marketing/Sales Tools: Work with Marketing and Sales to maintain key templates including product brochures and presentations and sales offer templates.
- Key Work Processes / Systems: Work with Marketing, Manufacturing, Sales, and IT groups in implementing continuous improvements opportunities to streamline efficiency and effectiveness.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support youthe whole youin all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you'll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
Ingredients for Success: What We Look for in You
- Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline. (Science / Engineering). An advanced degree in science or an MBA would be considered an asset.
- Minimum of 5 years of industrial experience with exposure to R&D, manufacturing, and technology groups. Additional exposure to sales, marketing, customer care, supply chain, and EHS would be considered an asset.
- Ability to readily understand key product attributes and functionalities, key manufacturing processes, tradeoffs, and constraints; and articulate and share these understandings as the foundation to work effectively with others required.
- This individual must also possess superior communication, interpersonal, influencing and presentation skills, with the ability to interact with key decision makers required.
- Ability to data mine from various systems (SAP, Lotus Notes, other ERP systems) to extract key information, and create models for scenario planning and evaluation of alternatives.
We Also Look for
- Experience and proven record in successfully working with cross functional teams to achieve key project and business objectives strongly preferred.
- A background in refining catalysts and / or product management preferred.
Primary Location: US-NJ-Iselin
Function: MARK - Marketing
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Organization: G-CCP-Process Catalysts