Core member ofNew Product Introduction (NPI) team(s), responsible for developing PCBA build plans & requirements with the project team driving and coordinating the subsequent builds, lead times and deliveries in support of a Business Unit's strategic objectives.
Under general direction, supports the introduction of new products to the manufacturing facility in accordance with the RA Common Product Development (CPD) processes. Works with Design and Manufacturing Engineering to ensure optimum product and process design for manufacturability. Develops and implements manufacturing layout and processes and associated documentation, estimates manufacturing cost, and coordinates execution of prototype and pilot activities. Works on issues of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors. Exercises good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions. May lead small special project teams within or external to the Industrialization group.
- Actively serve as the Industrialization representative, in all phases, on NPI/Continuation Engineering project teams.
- Develop and update the Manufacturing Plan.
- Design production floor layouts.
- Identify assembly equipment, tooling, and fixture requirements. Participate in the procurement, installation and validation activities.
- Lead Design for Manufacturing (DFM)to define manufacturing process flow and prepare necessary tooling for PCBA.
- Makes intelligent decisions to support quick turn around on sample
- Works closely with the team to coordinate supply chain procurement activities in support of engineering builds.
- Track product manufacturing cost throughout the NPI project.
- Lead Process Failure Mode Effects Analysis (PFMEA).
- Create Documented Work Instructions (DWI).
- Coordinate prototype and pilot build and evaluation activities.
- Ensure compliance to all production environmental, health, and safety requirements.
- Facilitate final acceptance of all new assembly processes
- Apply engineering problem solving skills and familiarity of Rockwell Automation systems to perform duties and responsibilities.
- Initiate the identification, development and implementation of cost reduction and process improvement projects. May lead a small team to complete these projects.
- Exhibit good organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Communicate effectively, both verbally and in written form, to a broad audience of varying technical and cultural background.
- Collaborate with or lead others from within and outside of the Industrialization group to achieve common objectives.
- Use facts and logic to influence others.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Industrial/Mechanical/Electrical Engineering, or equivalent degree or education.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a manufacturingenvironment.
- Experience with Project Management, Design For Manufacturability and Assembly (DFMA), and Lean Six Sigma tools and methodologies.
- Strong background in SMT processes and process development with the ability to serve as a technical representative.
- Knowledgeable in various PCB laminates and processing, lead free soldering, cleaning processes & Conformal coating.
- Demonstrated understanding of New Product Introduction process.
- Ability to execute transactions in an Enterprise Resource Planning system, preferably SAP.
- Some travel is required (10% - 15%); possibly international.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to the job. They are not intended to be an all-encompassing list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified, Reasonable accommodations to essential functions of the job will be made if necessary.
Operations & Engineering Services
Engineering and Technicians
Mequon - Wisconsin
Rockwell Automation, the world's largest company dedicated to industrial automation, makes its customers more productive and the world more sustainable. Throughout the world, our flagship Allen-Bradley and Rockwell Software product brands are recognized for innovation and excellence.
When you choose Rockwell Automation, you join countless talented employees who have helped us establish our leadership position in the automation industry over the past century.
You join a diverse, inclusive and global community with a passion for innovation. A place where you can partner with great minds and inspiring people. And a corporation backed by the financial strength that drives growth and career opportunities.
As much as we focus on our customers, we know our employees are key to our success and future. Helping you develop a rewarding career is a top priority. Because when you succeed, we succeed.
Rockwell Automation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process, email our Talent Acquisition representative at RAApplicationsupport@ra.rockwell.com.
Download the EEO is the Law poster and the supplement for more information.