We are the South Carolina Retirement System Investment Commission (RSIC). We are a professional investment management organization that manages more than $29 Billion on behalf of over 500,000 plan participants. The RSIC invests across a number of asset classes including public equities, private equity, private debt, real estate and fixed income. At RSIC, you can look forward to:
- Working in a collaborative, team-based environment with a highly qualified and professional staff with diverse backgrounds.
- An environment that values teamwork, integrity, intellectual curiosity, and humility as well as focuses on results and recognizes high performance.
If we want to achieve our mission of ensuring the future of the beneficiaries of the South Carolina Retirement System, we must constantly challenge our investment beliefs and look for ways to earn excess returns that increase the year-over-year value of the plan and align with achieving the actuarially assumed rate of investment return over the long-term. Investment focus and decision-making matters more today than ever before. This is why your ability to be a visionary and disciplined investment manager will be counted on greatly as you help positively impact the lives of our plan’s beneficiaries.
We are looking for a bright, energetic, well-organized, and effective Private Markets Investment Officer with a strong investment savvy background, an ability to identify, develop, recommend, and ultimately maintain strong investment management relationships to enable us to meet our fiduciary obligations to the plan and its beneficiaries.
Support the implementation of a comprehensive investment program for private market strategies, including venture, growth, buyout, mezzanine, and direct lending and distressed by performing sourcing, due diligence, selection and third-party investment manager oversight activities.
- Research, source, assess, and monitor investments with managers in adherence with internal processes and within the guidelines established by the Investment Commission’s investment policies and Annual Investment Plan.
- Assist in the development of strategy recommendations and analysis with respect to diversification, portfolio management, and cash flow requirements.
- Conduct special projects (e.g., analysis of private equity, debt, portfolio exposures, performance attribution, portfolio construction, investment strategy, and industry trends).
- Prepare and present recommendations and reports as needed for investment decision-making and to ensure that the Managing Director of Public and Private Markets, CIO, Investment Commission and other parties remain informed of key developments in the private markets and their impact on the RSIC’s portfolios.
- Work collaboratively with legal, operations, and reporting departments on legal negotiations, performance reporting, and ongoing monitoring of investments.