Available work locations;
This position will be responsible for driving sales growth in North America for the Connected Services business suite of offerings within their assigned geographic region. This role will require extensive collaboration with the North America sales districts and key strategic partners in order to build upon existing customers and develop new customers. Global collaboration and project coordination will be needed as required.
- Responsible for the business development of the Rockwell Automation offerings that are focused on networking, security and virtualization hardware and services.
- It is essential to have an understanding of product line business centered on Networking, Security and Virtualization to differentiate, develop, lead and close opportunities across all vertical sectors.
- Communication & collaboration with the Rockwell Automation Product Business Units and Global Sales teams and key strategic partners is essential to disseminate the Consulting strategy and align company product road maps along with sales and marketing strategies & tactics.
- Leadership to drive accelerated growth results including the development of collateral and participation to assist the sales force following the Disciplined Sales Process in identifying and meeting requirements.
- Develop territory sales, distributor and customer competency through Conducting regular learning sessions, participate in/coordinate Rockwell lead and co-marketed network seminars and trade shows.
- Collect, analyze and communicate market data including competitive information, trends, key wins/losses and service development needs to the BU product management teams.
- Work with Technical service Engineers to develop the Scope of Supply and Bill Of Materials for proposals.
- Achieve assigned targets in terms of business revenue and management objectives.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to the job. They are not intended to be an all-encompassing list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Reasonable accommodations to essential functions of the job will be made if appropriate.
- Associates degree required, preferably in Engineering or Computers. Bachelors degree in Engineering or Computers is preferred.
- 3 plus years of solid sales experience in consultative sales, with the ability to develop technical value propositions.
- 3 plus years of Automation, engineering services or manufacturing industry experience required.
- Ability to demonstrate vendor/partner experience (e.g. Cisco, HP, Panduit, VMware, Juniper, Bluecoat, CheckPoint, Symantec) including influencing and developing strategic partnerships.
- Proven experience of working in complex environments; and managing conflicting demands and expectations.
- Proven experience in developing account penetration and development strategies.
- Must be willing and able to travel up to 50% within assigned territory.
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
Rockwell Automation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- A successful track record of achieving sales revenue targets (products & services).
- Ability to identify sales opportunities and translate client requirements to business requirements.
- Strong communication and presentation skill.
- Work independently with minimal guidance as well as in teams.
- Work in a collaborative, team-based environment.
- MBA or advanced degree in business management as well as Networks and Security certifications (CCENT, CCNA, etc.) are desirable.
- Experience implementing or selling Rockwell Automation products and solutions.
- Strategic thinking with get-up-and-go attitude (self-motivated).
Global Sales & Marketing
Sales, Services, and Solutions
Austin - Texas, Dallas - Texas, Houston - Texas
Rockwell Automation, the world's largest company dedicated to industrial automation, makes its customers more productive and the world more sustainable. Throughout the world, our flagship Allen-Bradley and Rockwell Software product brands are recognized for innovation and excellence.
When you choose Rockwell Automation, you join countless talented employees who have helped us establish our leadership position in the automation industry over the past century.
You join a diverse, inclusive and global community with a passion for innovation. A place where you can partner with great minds and inspiring people. And a corporation backed by the financial strength that drives growth and career opportunities.
As much as we focus on our customers, we know our employees are key to our success and future. Helping you develop a rewarding career is a top priority. Because when you succeed, we succeed.
Rockwell Automation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process, email our Talent Acquisition representative at RAApplicationsupport@ra.rockwell.com.
Download the EEO is the Law poster and the supplement for more information.