Industrial Hygiene and Safety (IH/S) Specialist - Seneca, SC-1701065
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world's leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment and are always working to form the best teamespecially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America's Best Employers in 2016. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Where the Chemistry Happens
We are seeking a Safety and Industrial Hygiene (IH) Specialist at the Seneca, SC chemical manufacturing facility. This position involves direct support of all aspects of the site safety and IH program.
Safety and Industrial Hygiene Specialist Seneca, SC (1701065)
Your key priorities will include IH Monitoring, Site Safety/IH Procedures, Accident/Incident Investigations, Project Safety Reviews, Emergency Preparedness and Response, Safety/IH Training, Hazard Communication, and Radiation Safety.
Formula for Success: You Will
- Maintain and monitor compliance programs while optimizing the effectiveness and efficiency of the programs.
- Maintain written IH/S programs and procedures.
- Provide governance and oversight of IH/S program.
- Participate in Process Hazards Analysis activities and participate in technical review of process changes as necessary.
- Lead and/or participate in investigation and root cause analysis for accident/ incidents as needed.
- Participate in capital project reviews consistent with the level of IH/S expertise needed.
- Prepare materials for shift safety meetings and facilitate staff IH/S meetings.
- Support the site in with emphasis on hazard recognition, job hazard analysis, etc.
- Provide input to Hub Manager and interface with regulatory agencies, as needed, on compliance and/or enforcement issues.
- Actively participate with the EHS Community.
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support youthe whole youin all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you'll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
Ingredients for Success: What We Look for in You
- BS Degree in Engineering or Science is required.
- Industrial hygiene and safety regulatory knowledge is required.
- Experience with hazard recognition, job hazard analysis and Process Hazards Analysis is a plus.
- Three or more years' experience in implementing industrial hygiene and safety programs in a manufacturing arena preferred.
- Basic computer skills (ex. Spreadsheets, word processing, database management) essential.
- Customer Focus, Collaborate for Achievement, Entrepreneurial Drive, Drive Sustainable Solutions and Effective Communication skills are essential.
Primary Location: US-SC-Seneca
Function: OCSE - Occupational Safety & Environmental
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Organization: NCU-Environment, Health & Safety