Product Regulations Specialist - Florham Park NJ or Southfield MI-1701067
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world's leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment and are always working to form the best teamespecially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America's Best Employers in 2016. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Where the Chemistry Happens
We are seeking 3 Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) Product Regulations Specialists to support BASF business group's sample requests by assuring product compliance to International, Federal, State and local regulations through a North American shared services platform. The function supports BASF business initiatives concerning shipments of research and development, commercial, 3rd party and raw material samples globally. Communication and close working relationships with BASF Groups and our Sample Service Platform is a vital part of this function.
EHS Product Regulations Specialist (Florham Park, NJ or Southfield, MI) (1701067)
This is a dynamic job that requires a core set of knowledge in the SAP systems and the interactions between modules; operates in a cross-functional environment with significant involvement with Research laboratories, Customer Service teams in the North American region, Foreign Trade and Distribution Safety as well as with global contacts in Europe, Asia Pacific and South America.
You will report to and be under the under the supervision of the EHS Team Leader.
Formula for Success: You Will
- Provide master data management, analysis and validation in support of NA SDS and labels. Includes Globally Harmonized System of Classification and Labeling (GHS) and Dangerous Goods (DG) classifications, SDS authoring/publishing, material creation and KPI trending and reporting.
- Provide blocked order management via reviewing regulations and trade controls including classifications in the BASF trade control system & data maintenance, investigating reasons and releasing blocked orders
- Provide customer support actively participating in global and regional business meetings to meet customer needs and expectations.
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support youthe whole youin all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you'll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
Ingredients for Success: What We Look for in You
- Bachelor's Degree in Chemistry, Science or other technical discipline required
- Minimum 3+ years' experience in product regulations with knowledge of TSCA, hazard communications standard (OSHA GHS) and other product regulations such as FIFRA, DEA, FDA, CWC preferred
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills required
- Knowledge of PC systems with some experience and aptitude in computer systems; SAP skills preferred, especially experience with following: EHS Module, Global Trade System and Global Label Management preferred
- Knowledge of OSHA 2012 GHS hazard communication standard a plus
- Knowledge of regulations affecting BASF products, markets, and systems preferred
- Knowledge of distribution safety and transport classification, IATA, DGR systems a plus
- Knowledge and programming in Excel or Access databases a plus.
Primary Location: US-NJ-Florham Park
Function: TOXS - Toxicology & Product Safety
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Organization: NCU-Environment, Health & Safety