Supply Chain Planner - Quincy, FL-1701094
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world's leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment and are always working to form the best teamespecially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America's Best Employers in 2015. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Where the Chemistry Happens
We are seeking a Supply Chain Planner III who will be responsible for the efficient scheduling of the Quincy Attapulgite production site, translating customer short- and mid-term demand into an executable plan for the Production team that delivers high reliability at the optimal cost. Together with the Site Logistics team, the position supports the site inventory management, customer order management, and warehouse/logistics operations.
The Dispersions & Resins business of BASF develops, produces and markets a range of high-quality resins, additives, colorants and polymer dispersions worldwide. These raw materials are used in formulations for coatings and paints, printing and packaging products, construction chemicals, adhesives, fiber bonding, nonwovens, and paper manufacturing. We are building the best team to support the growth and needs of our customers. With a comprehensive product portfolio and extensive knowledge of the industries we serve, our customers benefit from innovative and sustainable solutions to help them advance their formulations through chemistry.
Supply Chain Planner III (1701094)
Formula for Success: You Will
- Convert the monthly and annual supply / production demand plan into an executable weekly and daily schedule to meets customer reliability goals
- Maximize operational efficiency, quality and reliability through optimal scheduling of production and packaging assets
- Proactively manage plant issues, material constraints, quality deviations, transportation problems, and last-minute customer changes to minimize the overall impact on delivery reliability and cost.
- Monitor adherence to schedule to minimize changeovers, costs, and optimize the production & packaging campaigns
- Manage dysfunctional inventory levels, seeking opportunities to rework these materials, minimize waste, and prevent disposals
- Work closely with Site Logistics Group to meet on-time shipping goals and satisfying customer requirements, lead teams to identify root causes and sustainable improvements
- Serve as backup for the Operations Supply Chain Planner in their absence.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support youthe whole youin all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you'll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
Ingredients for Success: What We Look for in You
- Bachelor's degree in Logistics/Supply Chain, Engineering, or related field with 5+ years of logistics, supply chain, material management, or operations (Customer Care, Supply Chain, Procurement, Production) experience -OR- High School diploma with 7+ years of logistics, supply chain, material management or operations related experience (Customer Care, Supply Chain, Procurement, Production)
- Working knowledge of demand planning, material / production planning, sales and operations planning, or inventory control theory and practice
- Strong working knowledge of SAP (or other ERP systems) in logistics, planning, and product delivery
- Moderate expertise of MS Excel, analysis, or database tools
- Demonstrated strong communication, ability to work under time pressure and setting planning priorities
- Effective working relationships with key stakeholders within business unit and service platforms
We Also Look for
- Experience within chemical or materials industries and manufacturing environments
- Lean Six Sigma certification or project experience
- APICS certification or nearing completion of certification
- Experience with warehousing, transportation, and distribution
- Leadership of small teams in an operations or production environment
Primary Location: US-FL-Quincy
Function: LOSC - Logistics, Supply Chain & Customer Service
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Organization: N-EDN-Dispersions North America