At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world's leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment and are always working to form the best teamespecially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America's Best Employers in 2016. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Where the Chemistry Happens
We are seeking a Global Manager, Logistics & Operations, to lead and manage the global logistic processes as well as global inventory management and seed archives activities. This position also supports all internal RBP functions and is responsible for implementing corrective actions and reacting timely to address operational non-conformities.
Global Manager, Logistics & Operations (1701086)
You will guide the global logistics operations in Research Bioscience / Plant Science (RBP) to ensure conformance with all necessary internal and external guidelines as well as compliance with regulatory requirements. You will establish and maintain a globally-aligned inventory management and seed archives process to fulfill Legal, Stewardship and Regulatory requirements.
You will manage a global team and reports to the Director of Stewardship & Operations based in Research Triangle Park (RTP), Durham, NC.
Formula for Success. You will...
- Accountable for global logistics and operational activities in RBP.
- Lead a global team of 9 employees (including two team leaders) in RTP, Ghent and Berlin, providing guidance to employees performing operational activities under other Research & Development Functions in Sao Paulo (Brazil), Limburgerhof (Germany) and Ames, Iowa (USA).
- Interact with all relevant functions within RBP and BASF Group to ensure frequent reporting (KPIs) and compliance with internal guidelines and external requirements.
- Manage trends, analyzing data and providing information to the Documentation Manager for initiation of process improvements to be documented in the Stewardship Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Cooperate very closely with the Risk & Non-conformance and Continuous Improvement Manager to ensure aligned solutions on operational non-conformances.
- Ensure quality checks are in place prior to releasing critical materials from storage.
Leadership Core Responsibilities
- Coach and develop team members to reach their full potential.
- Support development assignments and movement of talent across units.
- Motivate and challenge to drive high performance.
- Commit to "hiring the best" internally and externally.
- Create an inclusive environment which embraces and derives value from diversity.
- Execute performance and career development discussions.
- Role model and enable development of competencies in others needed to implement BASF's strategy.
- Establish and support a safety culture in which all accidents are preventable
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support youthe whole youin all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you'll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.