We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world's leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment and are always working to form the best teamespecially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America's Best Employers in 2016. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Where the Chemistry Happens
We are seeking an Area Manager to join our team.
Area Manager (1701118)
Formula for Success: You Will
- Direct and coordinate activities concerned with production of company product(s) by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors
- Confer with management personnel to establish production and quality control standards, develop budget and cost controls, and to obtain data regarding types, quantities, specifications, and delivery dates of products ordered
- Plan and direct production activities and establishes production priorities for products in keeping with effective operations and cost factors
- Coordinate production activities with purchasing, maintenance, and quality to obtain optimum production and utilization of human resources, machines, and equipment
- Review and analyze production, quality control, maintenance, and operational reports to determine causes of nonconformity with product specifications, and operating or production problems
- Develop and implement operating methods and procedures designed to eliminate operating problems and improve product quality
- Revise production schedules and priorities working around equipment failure or operating problems
- Consult with engineering personnel relative to modification of machines and equipment to improve production and quality of products
- Compile, store, and retrieve production data
- Manage directly, or through subordinate supervisors, nonexempt employees in assigned departments
- Lead and manage overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of assigned department
- Execute supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws
- Manage interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems
Leadership Core Responsibilities:
- Coach and develop team members to reach their full potential
- Support development assignments and movement of talent across units
- Motivate and challenge to drive high performance
- Commit to "hiring the best" internally and externally
- Create an inclusive environment which embraces and derives value from diversity
- Execute performance and career development discussions
- Role model and enable development of competencies in others needed to implement BASF's strategy
- Establish and support a safety culture in which all accidents are preventable
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support youthe whole youin all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you'll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
Ingredients for Success: What We Look for in You
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent required, with 5+ years related supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment;
- Automotive manufacturing background experience required
- Solid experience managing large groups of operators
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills and excellent math skills
- Demonstrated ability to lead and influence others
- Able to work a rotating shift including the night shift
- Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Lean Six Sigma experience is a plus
- Catalyst or Coatings experience preferred
Leadership Expectations: As a leader at BASF, you will play a key role in creating value for the company through people. Our top candidate will be expected to enable greater personal success among our employees through quality people development, coaching, and performance management. Leaders at BASF are role models to help employees develop the competencies needed to implement BASF's strategy. Our expectation is that leaders will coach and develop team members to reach their full potential, and support relevant development assignments, opportunities and moves while motivating and challenging employees to drive high performance. Our leaders must be committed to "hiring the best" internally and externally at the same time they are creating an inclusive environment which embraces and derives value from diversity. Finally, a leader at BASF must establish and support our safety culture in which all accidents are preventable.
Primary Location: US-AL-Huntsville
Function: GEMA - General Management
Job Type: Standard
Organization: G-CCE-Mobile Emissions Catalysts