We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Are you a high achiever looking for an opportunity to directly impact the success of your team and the organization?
Are you passionate about collaborating with world-class colleagues to solve complex challenges?
Do you have a global mindset and a passion for innovation and sustainability?
If this sounds like you, then we want to get to know you...
We are BASF, the world's largest chemical company and recently ranked #14 on the Forbe 500 Best Employers in America!
At BASF, we're working to deliver intelligent, sustainable solutions to the global challenges of today and those of the future. We Create Chemistry to add value to our products and services, in harmony with nature and, most importantly, with people. Our people change the world each and every day. We have big goals for our Geismar Site and we're working hard to build a successful team.
Where the Chemistry Happens
We are seeking a Production Engineer to join our team and who would support the day-to-day operations of the plant, providing technical support to execute the required production plan. This position also plays an important role in driving standardization across shifts, optimizes fixed and variable unit costs, and works closely with other support groups like Maintenance to insure proper priorities are placed on items in the Maintenance backlog.
Production Engineer (1700952) Geismar, LA
You will be a solution provider, being instrumental in leading troubleshooting efforts when problems arise. You will be required to offer strong leadership in plant operation safety and adherence to BASF Process Safety rules and policies.
Formula for Success: You Will
- Provide guidance and input to the achievement and development of plant goals, objectives, and operational budges
- Support and administer the union contract as needed
- Generate and complete MOCs, revalidate temporary MOCs to confirm they are still valid
- Provide Technical Support and troubleshooting expertise to Daily Operational Team for plant problems that occur
- On-call and respond to any after hour event that impacts production or EHS
- Provide technical and leadership support in root cause failure analysis for production, EHS, and Quality Incidents
- Ensure proper documentation of operating files, records, procedures, and technical files and the annual recertification of their applicability
- Ensure compliance with all cGMP processes/procedures/guidelines.
- Participate in micro/finite production planning and scheduling
- Support and potentially lead the cluster Cost Team
- Identify Lean opportunities and support implementation of these Lean Projects
- Assist and support Production Supervisor to ensure scheduling for adequate shift coverage is maintained
- Maintain staffing flexibility by cross training in other areas as needed
- Interface with suppliers, customers, and vendors as needed to maintain plant operation
- Monitor and track critical supplies, solvents, catalysts, and other materials on an as needed basis
- Partner with the Production Supervisor to maintain the safe operation and reliability of the plant
- Support, lead, and role model EHS activities and EHS processes
- Support the Accident Incident Investigations as needed to insure root cause analysis and corrective actions to prevent reoccurrence
- Manage critical PSM/RMP/RCMS elements and processes, MOC's, PSSR's, Interlock and Bypass Procedures, Safe Work Permit, Lockout Tagout, Operational Procedures, Confined Space, Employee Participation, and Hot Work
- Perform daily observations on safe work practices, compliance to basic rules, and set high standards for housekeeping
- Work with Maintenance Gatekeeper to set priorities for equipment repairs
- Ensure equipment preps/practices for are standardized and consistent amongst all shifts to assure timely delivery of equipment to maintenance
- Function as liaison with service groups and outside contractors to ensure that the work related to the production facilities is accomplished correctly, promptly, and in the most cost effective manner
- Review and validate production data and production reports as needed to support the production accounting process
- Interface with the scheduling and shipment of products, wastes, co-products, and inbound raw materials as needed
- Assist and support Production Supervisor on goals and manage performance of Shift Supervisors and Operators,
- Support Production Supervisor in the alignment of shift activities and shift goals
- Participate in the optimization of scheduled and unscheduled downtime
- Coordinate with AE Management the scheduling / execution of inspection (SIS, PSV, NDE inspections, OCIs) work and outages (including catalyst changes within the plants to minimize the impact to the business and or production plan)
- Promote Autonomous Maintenance and appropriate level of training
- Assist the Asset Effectiveness team in the assignment of lost production via AE tool
- Assist the Maintenance Gatekeeper in the coordination, planning, and execution of shutdown or turnaround work including maintenance and capital activities
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support youthe whole youin all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you'll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
Ingredients for Success: What We Look For in You
Bachelor of Science Degree in an Engineering Field (Chemical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering preferred) or Chemistry and minimum 2+ years of experience in a chemical/petrochemical or other similar manufacturing environment.
Prior work experience in a cGMP/FDA regulated environment, preferred
- Prior work experience with Alkoxylation Batch Process and DCS Batch Programming, preferred
- Supply Chain experience, a plus
This position is part of a job family with multiple levels. The successful candidate will be placed at a level commensurate with experience and skill level.
This position requires all candidates to either currently possess or obtain and maintain a TWIC (Transportation Worker Identification Credential) Card from the U.S. Department of Homeland Security.
Primary Location: US-LA-Geismar
Function: PROD - Production, Maintenance & Technicians
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Organization: N-EMN-Care Chemicals NA