Senior Firewall Engineer/Checkpoint- Virtual (or any BASF location)-1701179
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world's leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment and are always working to form the best teamespecially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America's Best Employers in 2016.
Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Where the Chemistry Happens
We are seeking a candidate who has built, deployed and supported Check Point firewalls in an Enterprise Environment. The Firewall Engineer will be responsible for many aspects of global security operations, primarily regarding Check Point firewall management.
Senior Firewall Engineer, Checkpoint (1701179) Virtual (or any BASF location)
You will analyze the Check Point firewall logs to perform rule analysis. You will report and perform manual reconciliation and research on suspicious and unknown rules, creating standards, configuration templates, and support documentations. You will also implement firewall refresh and upgrade activities along with patch management
Formula for Success: You Will
- Check Point Firewall Policy management and analysis using Provider-1 MDS
- Review Check Point firewall logs to perform rule analyses
- Report and perform manual reconciliation and research on suspicious and unknown rules
- Create standards, configuration templates, and support documentations important to the success of this role
- Implement firewalls refresh and upgrade activities along with patch management
- Troubleshoot all firewalls and related gear
- Consult customers requiring firewall needs
- Implement firewall changes, resolve incidents, etc. using ITIL methodology
- Create implementation standards and configuration templates
- Life cycle support and maintenance
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support youthe whole youin all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you'll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
Ingredients for Success: What We Look For in You
- Bachelor degree is required with a minimum of 7 years experience with in-depth building, deploying and supporting Check Point firewalls (both Check Point appliances (IPSO and Gaia) and open platforms (Gaia))
- Must have in-depth knowledge of Check Point Provider-1 MDS in an enterprise environment
- Expert knowledge of routing, VPN/IPsec technology and TCP/IP in general; experience in Linux administration
- Excellent client interfacing skills, strong verbal and written communication skills and ability to work with all levels of management; experience working with colleagues across different time zones with a flexible approach to working hours (ability to work varied hours)
- Ability to troubleshoot network related issues using TCP Dump, FW Monitor or other packet tracing tools
- Knowledge of IP Routing, Ethernet Switching, VPN's, Network Security services such as DNS, Unix OS, Windows 2K/2K03; Good understanding of DCOM DCE/RPC technology
- Industry certifications CCSA/CCSE
Primary Location: US-LA-Geismar
Function: ITSE - Information Technology & Services
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Organization: G-FSI-Global IT Delivery