ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
Vital Healthcare Capital (V-Cap) is an innovative social impact loan fund (CDFI) which finances quality care and good healthcare jobs in low-income communities across the U.S. V-Cap has a pipeline of high impact projects, $35 million in capital and a goal of growing to $100 million in 5 years.
V-Cap provides financing and technical assistance to help excellent safety-net healthcare organizations innovate and grow in a rapidly evolving healthcare sector. V-Cap focuses on integrated and person-centered care for low-income and vulnerable populations, including the elderly, at-risk youth, people with disabilities, and people with behavioral health needs. V-Cap prioritizes healthcare organizations that enhance job quality and job skills for frontline healthcare workers. V-Cap provides flexible facility, bridge and business loans.
V-Cap is headquartered in New York, but national in scope, with initial activity focused in MA, NY, CO, and CA. For more information, visit http://www.vitalcap.org/.
ABOUT THE POSITION
The Senior Loan Officer will handle all aspects of evaluating and underwriting loans to community-based healthcare providers, including initial review, loan structuring, full underwriting and closing. The position will also involve managing a portion of V-Cap’s loan portfolio. The Position will report to the Chief Lending Officer (“CLO”) and will support V-Cap’s business development and lending activities across its footprint.
- Develop a deep understanding of the healthcare sector, including financial, market and regulatory issues required to successfully evaluate, underwrite and service loans.
- Under the direction of the CLO, assist business development staff to evaluate potential loan opportunities, and manage new and existing borrower relationships.
- Under the direction of the CLO, evaluate, underwrite and close new loans, including:
- Perform due diligence review of potential borrowers, including detailed analysis of their financial statements, organizational capacity, proposed use of loan proceeds, market and regulatory environment.
- Identify and mitigate key financial, organizational, market, regulatory and implementation risks of proposed loans.
- Structure new loan proposals, including evaluating potential loan terms and preparing draft term sheets.
- Prepare initial loan summaries and comprehensive credit memos, and present proposed loans to management and Loan Committee for review and approval.
- Manage all aspects of the closing process, including working with outside legal counsel, reviewing closing due diligence and negotiating loan documents.
- Manage a portfolio of existing loans, including reviewing financial, impact and other reporting, monitoring compliance with loan terms, handling loan modifications and workouts and conducting annual site visits.
- Performing other related work as needed.