Provide administrative support to the VP - Strategic Sourcing and VP Materials and Logistics within the Operations & Engineering Services organization. The work is highly confidential in nature and requires attention to detail, managing multiple priorities, and implementing processes with minimal direction.
- This position works closely with the management team to maximize effectiveness through office management of information and schedules.
- Maintain calendar agenda and schedule appointments prioritizing and negotiating to accommodate changing priorities. Keep management informed as to commitments.
- Composing correspondence.
- Scanning emails and replying when appropriate, and resolving conflicts.
- Screening and redirecting phone calls.
- Arrange domestic, international and company plane travel including executive ground transportation.
- Arrange travel itineraries, both domestic and international.
- Processes all expense reports and reconciles credit card statements.
- With limited direction, create spreadsheets, charts, technical illustrations, graphics, and text for presentations using Microsoft software (PowerPoint, Excel, Word, etc.).
- Draft correspondence of a general business nature or independently compose.
- Make decisions and take action on behalf of Vice Presidents supported during their absence, using initiative and judgment to see that opportunities requiring attention satisfy customer requests.
- Coordinate meetings and conferences (internal and off-site) and notify participants. Prepare agenda and meeting minutes as necessary.
- Responsible for following all applicable corporate, company, governmental, environmental, safety, quality, and regulatory policies and procedures as appropriate for this position.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to the job. They are not intended to be an all-encompassing list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Reasonable accommodations to essential functions of the job will be made if appropriate.Rockwell Automation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- A minimum of two years administrative assistant experience required.
- Capability for MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Access), and Microsoft Outlook.
- Exhibited skills of self-directed workflow, ability to take initiative and exercise judgment, and management of multiple priorities.
- Proven experience in all written and verbal forms of communication and significant interaction with all levels of an organization.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced, highly confidential environment.
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- Associate degree in Secretarial Science or Business Administration
- SAP experience
Operations & Engineering Services
Corporate, Supply Chain and Operations
Milwaukee - Wisconsin
Rockwell Automation, the world's largest company dedicated to industrial automation, makes its customers more productive and the world more sustainable. Throughout the world, our flagship Allen-Bradley and Rockwell Software product brands are recognized for innovation and excellence.
When you choose Rockwell Automation, you join countless talented employees who have helped us establish our leadership position in the automation industry over the past century.
You join a diverse, inclusive and global community with a passion for innovation. A place where you can partner with great minds and inspiring people. And a corporation backed by the financial strength that drives growth and career opportunities.
As much as we focus on our customers, we know our employees are key to our success and future. Helping you develop a rewarding career is a top priority. Because when you succeed, we succeed.
Rockwell Automation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process, email our Talent Acquisition representative at RAApplicationsupport@ra.rockwell.com.
Download the EEO is the Law poster and the supplement for more information.