Technical Product Specialist - Western US-1701122
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world's leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment and are always working to form the best teamespecially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America's Best Employers in 2016. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Where the Chemistry Happens
We are seeking a Technical Product Specialist to join our Western US team. This is a virtual home office position that will ideally be done from Arizona, California, or Washington.
Technical Product Specialist (1701122)
Formula for Success: You Will
- Manage training for internal sales team and external customers
- Provide on-going technical, product and system training to internal sales team
- Work with the sales team, if/when needed, provide technical, product and system training to external strategic key account customer base
- Train and customer base on new products and systems.
- Utilize the most common and modern techniques as common elements of the training.
- Work closely with Marketing, Product Manager, R&D and the Tech Department
- Provide new ideas for new products and systems and assist with the development of such products and systems.
- Assist with the development of requested project specific details.
- Assist with the evaluation of competitive products, systems and warranties.
- Work on special projects within the Wall Systems business
- Projects may include working with all levels of the business including marketing, color lab, R&D and technical department.
- Provide technical assistance in the region
- Work with sales team to manage necessary jobsite observations and recommendations
- Approve observation reports submitted by sales team and submit to tech department for final approval.
- Diagnose and manage product complaints.
- Work with the tech department to assist with preliminary negotiations with owners/contractors relating to finding a resolution to product complaints
- Maintain a high level of product technical expertise
- Attend presentations/seminars to further technical knowledge
- Read trade journals, magazines, etc. to stay informed of industry changes such as products and systems.
- Developmental product evaluation
- Provide lab assessment of key attributes related to application and performance.
- Contribute occasional hands-on product field trial and internal evaluation.
- Monitor and manage contractor-applied field trials.
- Recommend product enhancement or support release of product.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support youthe whole youin all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you'll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
Ingredients for Success: What We Look for in You..
- Four-year undergraduate degree in Construction or Engineering-related field, or equivalent Construction industry field experience
- Minimum of 4 years of construction or construction material related experience required
- In-depth technical understanding and extensive hands-on knowledge of building envelope product and system applications strongly preferred
- Extensive experience in reading building plans, plan details and architectural specifications required
- Mechanical aptitude, and hands-on ability with relevant construction products
- PC literate with working knowledge of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Excellent time management and verbal and written communication skills; technical writing, training, and presentation skills required
- Ability and willingness to travel by car or air up to 50% of the time; must live within one hour of a major metropolitan airport.
Primary Location: US-AZ-Phoenix
Other Locations: US-WA-Seattle, US-CA-Sacramento
Function: ENGI - Engineering & Technical Service
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Organization: N-EBN-Construction Chemicals North America