At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world's leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment and are always working to form the best teamespecially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America's Best Employers in 2016. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Where the Chemistry Happens
We are seeking a Supply Chain Planner to develop and implement the Colorbiotics Master, Finished Goods, production plan.
Supply Chain Planner (1701069)
You will monitor and maintain the inventory of finished goods levels at multiple warehouses to ensure timely delivery to customers while achieving manufacturing and inventory level targets.
You will also have responsibility for the development and implementation of the Colorbiotics master raw material purchase plan; monitor and maintain the purchase order process for the creation of purchase orders; build partnership externally with Procurement Managers and Analysts; and monitor and maintain inventory levels of raw materials to ensure no disruptions to production schedule while achieving inventory level targets.
Formula for Success: You Will
- Create and execute the master finish goods schedule.
- Provide statistical analysis and interpretation of: sales demand, safety stock parameters and inventory replenishment as directed by the master finished goods production schedule.
- Create and maintain a 48-hour advance production schedule.
- Create batch tickets to meet the 48-hour production schedule.
- Plan and execute R&D lab trials and product rework as needed.
- Review sales forecast and revise production schedule as needed.
- Coordinate the inventory build-up with Demand Planning to support the peak season distribution plan.
- Assist with the Customer Care to meet customer expectations during peak times. Responsible for the creation of batch tickets to meet the 48-hour production schedule.
- Assist as needed in reporting production on completed batch and finished goods tickets.
- Execute the SAP master raw material purchase plan.
- Provide statistical analysis of inventory consumption, safety stock parameters and inventory replenishment as directed by the master raw material purchase plan.
- Purchase all raw materials on the BOMs.
- Responsible for entering purchase orders and confirming purchases with vendors and contacting suppliers to verify shipment details.
- Communicate with vendors to resolve complaints or eliminate delays.
- Communicate with Warehouse Manager on logistic requirements for inbound materials.
- Follow all appropriate Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) policies.
- Wear prescribed Personal Protective Equipment and ensure prescribed safeguards are properly used.
- Notify supervisor before undertaking a work activity not adequately trained to perform.
- Immediately report unsafe acts or conditions to his/her supervisor and takes immediate interim steps to protect himself/herself and others from serious risk.
- Understand that Safety and Environmental responsibility is a major part of the BASF Guiding Principles. Must report all unsafe conditions and accidents immediately to appropriate manager. Responsible for the safety of themselves and others.
- Must understand and follow all quality initiatives and processes for ISO 9001:2008 and other ISO regulations, procedures and processes as they pertain to job responsibilities.
- Maintain diligent focus on environmental, health and safety aspects from planning through execution of tasks assigned. Support applicable Process Safety programs through participation in compliance audits, capital project reviews, regulatory PHAs (revalidations, clean-sheets) and other hazard / risk assessment activities as required or assigned. Ensure the on-time completion of Process Safety related mechanical integrity inspections as assigned. Utilize Management of Change (MOC) to assure timely communication and training of process related changes to affected personnel. As required, participate in any process safety related incident investigations and completion of assigned action items in a timely manner. These tasks may be required as dictated by your duties.
- Process safety roles and responsibilities across the organization are clearly-defined and include an expectation to raise, and authority to respond to process safety concerns. Senior leaders are held accountable for process safety performance. Employees understand the importance of process safety as it applies to their jobs and are responsible for following and contributing to the work processes to achieve improvement in company process safety performance.
- Ensure standards of safety, environmental, team and individual performance are met in a high- performance team-based organization.
- Address and raise the EHS standards at BASF.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support youthe whole youin all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you'll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.