Product Manager, Diversified Crops-1700942
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world's leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment and are always working to form the best teamespecially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
We are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America's Best Employers in 2016. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Where the Chemistry Happens
We are currently searching for a motivated Product Manager with a focus on Diversified Crops for our Crop Protection business (AP) in Research Triangle Park, North Carolina.
Product Manager, Diversified Crops (1700942)
As a Product Manager of Diversified Crops, you will be responsible for developing and implementing business plans for assigned products and crop segments. This responsibility will include brand plans & objectives; product value proposition; pricing strategy and alignment across crop teams; partnering with Regional Marketing for Life Cycle Management concepts; implementation into (AP) crop approach; and implementation of the overall business plan(s).
Formula for Success: You Will
- Manage the day to day operational business for selected products, including Monthly Sales and Production Forecasts (24 month rolling) with the support of the Business Operations Team
- Provide strategic direction to Customer Strategy, Marketing Communications and Communication Agency in the execution of advertising, promotions, sponsorships, special events, collateral and other promotional activities, with an overall objective of conveying a consistent & distinctive leadership presence in the marketplace
- Act as a Marketing representative for the Product Launch Excellence (PLE) process, focused on internal coordination to bring assigned products to market
- Work with the Customer Strategy Team to lead a Business Core Team (BCT), focused on product commercialization including: value proposition, positioning and messaging for end-users, retail and distribution partners
- Consistently motivate the sales force, retail outlets and distribution partners by keeping them informed about product portfolio, product performance, and our go-to-market strategy
- Regularly interact with grower and retail customers to identify customer expectations, customer insights, and customer experience with both BASF and competitive brands
- Monitor, record and report events occurring in assigned markets, including collecting and recording marketplace intelligence related to: competitors, their products and marketing programs; trends, threats and market opportunities; and any other events/activities potentially affecting opportunities for the organization to successfully implement its business plans
- Coordinate with other key internal and external groups to ensure product-related plans are implemented
- Support other members of the Sales & Marketing team to help ensure that company sales and financial goals are achieved
- Actively participate as a Marketing representative on company project teams to support internal initiatives, and evaluate new product concepts & go to market strategies
- Evaluate, negotiate, and implement specific 3rd party opportunities
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support youthe whole youin all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you'll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
Ingredients for Success: What We Look for in You
- Bachelor's Degree
- 5+ years of experience in Marketing, Sales, Technical Service and/or Business Development
- Proven business acumen and ability to strategically analyze multiple factors, and summarize into concise, creative plans to reach financial goals
- Willing and able to travel up to 25%, primarily domestically
We Also Look For
- MS / MBA degree
- 5+ years of product management or marketing experience in the agri-business industry
- Experience developing and implementing business strategies across all levels of the value chain (i.e.: Seed Partners, Consultants, Distributors, Retailers, and Farmers)
- Experience managing projects across several organizational units (i.e.: Sales, Marketing, Legal, Global Marketing, Finance)
Primary Location: US-NC-Research Triangle Park
Function: MARK - Marketing
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Organization: (AP)-Crop Protection